Tuesday, 21 June 2011 11:18
House Deputy Speaker for Mindanao Beng Climaco has called upon young people to learn from national hero Jose Rizal’s examples, as she reiterated the youth’s role in nation building.
Cong. Climaco, whose primary advocacy is youth welfare and protection, said Rizal’s works helped spark a revolution that led to the country’s liberation from foreign invasion and tyranny. Rizal’s works, she said, were proofs of his love for God, country and people.
“Let us help make the future of our children a reality today”, is the battle cry of the District I representative who has been continuously undertaking projects and programs related to youth welfare and development.
The lady solon from District I together with House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte and other deputy speakers installed the bust of Jose Rizal at the newly renovated Hall in Congress coinciding with the inauguration of the hall before the House of Representatives went on recess recently.
The installation of the Rizal bust and the inauguration of the congressional hall was in celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal.
Now called Rizal Hall, the congressional hall reminds every legislator of Rizal’s heroism.
The hall is now setting the stage for the upcoming resumption of session and the second state of the nation address (SONA) of President Noynoy Aquino, last week of July.
By Marvin Segura
- 23/06/2011 14:07 - Tausug Team Visiting China to Renew Ancient Ties
- 23/06/2011 14:06 - TESDA’s skills showdown impresses Pagadian mayor, public
- 22/06/2011 13:36 - Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School implements foreign language
- 22/06/2011 13:35 - DTI to consumers: handle broken CFLs with caution
- 22/06/2011 13:35 - IRSMP readies Week of Peace 2011
- 21/06/2011 11:16 - American Field Service Local Chapter extends Love to Layag-layag
- 21/06/2011 11:16 - Internal Peace and Security Plan shared to IRSMP
- 20/06/2011 00:00 - National Renewable Energy Program is a step towards energy self-sufficiency, says Aquino
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - AFP, PNP assure everything under control despite US travel advisory
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - Palace welcomes China’s statement on Spratly row