Thursday, 23 June 2011 14:09
The National Statistics Office will conduct a data dissemination forum on the results of the 2009 Family Income and Expenditure Survey (FIES). The forum will be held at the Garden Deck of Garden Orchid Hotel, Zamboanga City on June 23, 2011.
Participants to this forum will be from the different national and local government agencies, academe, business sectors and other stakeholders. Aside from the presentation of the 2009 FIES results, Ms. Grace C. Aduca, Planning Officer of the Department of Trade and Industry Region IX and Dr. Maynard R. Bagtasos, Dean Schools of Management & Accountancy of ADZU will also discuss the results of the survey.
The FIES undertaking was aim to gather data on family income, family living expenditure and other related information affecting income and expenditure levels and patterns in the Philippine; to determine the sources of income distribution, levels of living and spending patterns, the degree of inequality among families; and to provide inputs in the estimation of the country’s poverty threshold and incidence.
Likewise FIES also provide data that are needed in the different aspects of the country’s economic conditions. Specifically, it is the basic source of information to update the weights used in the construction of the Consumer Price Index; estimates the household account in the System of National Accounts and balances; measures the Human Development Index (HDI); measures of poverty and it measures the levels of living of different sections of the population and disparities in levels of living across geographical regions and socio-economic groups and for inter-temporal comparisons of these levels and disparities.
- 27/06/2011 14:12 - Ray Aquino clears Erap, Lacson in Dacer, Corvito killings?
- 27/06/2011 14:12 - First concrete pouring in 7-storey ONB center building project
- 27/06/2011 14:11 - Palace: US statement of support for PHL will not agitate efforts to peacefully settle Spratlys issue
- 24/06/2011 12:58 - JHCSC to study on the impact of organic farming in Dumingag
- 24/06/2011 12:56 - Pagadian’s economic growth attributed to stable peace and order, says ZamboSur gov
- 23/06/2011 14:08 - Mindanao Peace Weavers heightens Local Peace Programs
- 23/06/2011 14:07 - Tausug Team Visiting China to Renew Ancient Ties
- 23/06/2011 14:06 - TESDA’s skills showdown impresses Pagadian mayor, public
- 22/06/2011 13:36 - Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School implements foreign language
- 22/06/2011 13:35 - DTI to consumers: handle broken CFLs with caution