Thursday, 30 June 2011 12:51
Thousands of flood victims in Mother Kabuntalan, Maguindanao received provisions from the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao ARMM) government the other day.
The Bureau of Public Information (BPI) said that at least 5,000 individuals at different evacuation sites will be provided with supply of food and safe drinking water.
The regional leadership of the ARMM in partnership with local and international humanitarian aid agencies and the 6th Infantry Division (ID) of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has dispatched a convergence of relief efforts to the town of Mother Kabuntalan as starting point for giving aid to individuals affected by the massive flooding in the province.
The relief operation is designed to address priorities identified in the damage and needs assessment (DANA) that have been carried out earlier in flood-affected areas in the province under the supervision of the Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (DRRMC) of the ARMM with help from the humanitarian agencies.
According to ARMM Executive Secretary Naguib Sinarimbo, Kabuntalan was identified as the worst hit by the flooding based on the DANA conducted.
“A medical team will also attend to their immediate health needs and we will be giving school supplies to the children,” he said.
A similar aid operation in other affected areas in the province is already set to be conducted this week.
Latest reports from the Office of Civil Defense (OCD)-ARMM reveal that 268 communities in 27 municipalities in Maguindanao have been inundated, displacing 699,971 individuals.
The flood has also destroyed 12,815 hectares of farmlands, bringing the total damage to agriculture to be around P73.7 million.
Meanwhile, damage to school facilities is estimated to be around P240,336,898 with 137 schools in the province’s two districts affected by the flood.
By BPI-ARMM/RVC-PIA9 BaSulTa
- 04/07/2011 09:49 - La Paz receives VETCAP from DA, OCVET and AFP
- 01/07/2011 12:50 - DSWD rushes aid to flash flood stricken Davao City
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - Maguindanao flood victims get help from ARMM gov’t
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - DOST labs offer affordable testing services
- 30/06/2011 13:03 - ZamboSur officials urge public to take care of the environment
- 30/06/2011 12:51 - DOST labs offer affordable testing services
- 30/06/2011 12:50 - ZamboSur officials urge public to take care of the environment
- 27/06/2011 14:12 - Cotabato floods subside, flood victims start returning home
- 27/06/2011 14:12 - Ray Aquino clears Erap, Lacson in Dacer, Corvito killings?
- 27/06/2011 14:12 - First concrete pouring in 7-storey ONB center building project