Thursday, 30 June 2011 13:04
Did you know that clear, sparkling water does not necessarily mean that it is safe to use?
Often, the chemical, physical, and biological contaminants present in water cannot be seen by the naked eye.
This is why faster and more effective procedures to detect contamination has become very important. And with the booming bottled water and food processing businesses, testing services for water quality has become more in demand.
The Regional Standards and Testing Laboratory established by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST-RSTL) in Region 3 offers fast and reliable water quality analysis using international laboratory standards and state-of-the-art testing equipment.
After passing a series of assessments to determine the competence of its laboratory staff and its compliance to international laboratory procedures, the DOST-RSTL located in San Fernando, Pampanga was granted the PNS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation by the Philippine Accreditation Office in March 2009. This means that all analyses conducted by the RSTL are recognized and accepted around the world.
This is good news especially for micro, small and medium scale enterprises (MSMEs) engaged in water and food processing enterprises in the region and nearby provinces that need to comply with the requirements of the international market.
To maintain this accredited status, the DOST-RSTL laboratory staff undergo regular international proficiency examinations to improve their technical capabilities. DOST also maintains the acquisition of new equipment and upgrading of existing ones to ensure reliable testing results.
This assures the public who avails the services of the laboratory of quality results all the time. The range of services offered by the laboratory includes physical, chemical, and microbiological analysis of food, feeds, water, and wastewater and plants. It can also issue formula of conversion certificate for importers and exporters. Meanwhile, the staff complement is composed of licenses chemists and accredited microbiologists.
The DOST-RSTL is located at the Diosdado Macapagal Regional Government Center, Maimpis, City of San Fernando, Pampanga. For more information, contact telephone numbers 045-4550594.
- 04/07/2011 09:50 - Ombudsman orders filing of plunder raps vs. Lorenzo, Volante, et al on fertilizer fund scam
- 04/07/2011 09:50 - RPMC monitors projects in ZN
- 04/07/2011 09:49 - La Paz receives VETCAP from DA, OCVET and AFP
- 01/07/2011 12:50 - DSWD rushes aid to flash flood stricken Davao City
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - Maguindanao flood victims get help from ARMM gov’t
- 30/06/2011 13:03 - ZamboSur officials urge public to take care of the environment
- 30/06/2011 12:51 - Maguindanao flood victims get help from ARMM gov’t
- 30/06/2011 12:51 - DOST labs offer affordable testing services
- 30/06/2011 12:50 - ZamboSur officials urge public to take care of the environment
- 27/06/2011 14:12 - Cotabato floods subside, flood victims start returning home