Monday, 04 July 2011 09:49
In a recent activity celebrating the 113th-year Anniversary of the Department of Agriculture (DA), the office in coordination with the Office of the City Veterinarian (OCVET) and the Veterinary Corps of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) conducted a one-day Veterinary Civic Action Program (VETCAP) in Camp Susana, Barangay La Paz in Zamboanga City.
Veterinary health services such as Deworming and Vaccination for swine (Hog Cholera), cattle, carabao, goat, sheep (Hemosep), dog (Rabies), horse and poultry (New Castle Disease) were administered by veterinarians to animals for free.
La Paz Kagawad Edgardo Serna, also chairman on the committee on agriculture, expressed his gratitude to the organizers of the VetCAP, and the veterinarians of DA, OCVET and the AFP. He mentioned that when the people in the community first learned that veterinary services will be brought up to Camp Susana, they were all very eager since this kind of opportunity comes once in a while only. Serna hopes that there will be another service-activity to be conducted in the future at La Paz.
Leading the veterinarians were Dr. Carlos Mendoza, DA Regional Executive Director, Dr. Arnedo Agbayani, Chief, Animal Health Div.(OCVET), Dr. Don Beckett from the AFP with Command Veterinary Officer Major Beda Sluggo Elegado.
Also present were Staff of the DA Livestock Division Rowena Pajes, Cedrick Paule, Bing Modina and Baby Telmo, OCVET Staff Dr. Portia Pelayo, Dr. Luz Grace Gimenea and the staff of the AFP Veterinary Corps. (CC/DA)
- 05/07/2011 12:39 - Lawmakers give P-Noy 'excellent' mark in his 1st year as president
- 05/07/2011 12:39 - President Aquino swears-in Mar Roxas as DOTC Secretary
- 04/07/2011 13:09 - Gov't draws contingency measures on Saudi's new labor policy
- 04/07/2011 09:50 - Ombudsman orders filing of plunder raps vs. Lorenzo, Volante, et al on fertilizer fund scam
- 04/07/2011 09:50 - RPMC monitors projects in ZN
- 01/07/2011 12:50 - DSWD rushes aid to flash flood stricken Davao City
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - Maguindanao flood victims get help from ARMM gov’t
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - DOST labs offer affordable testing services
- 30/06/2011 13:03 - ZamboSur officials urge public to take care of the environment
- 30/06/2011 12:51 - Maguindanao flood victims get help from ARMM gov’t