Monday, 04 July 2011 09:50
Acting Ombudsman Orlando C. Casimiro ordered on Thursday the filing of plunder charges before the anti-graft court Sandiganbayan against former Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary Luis Ramon P. Lorenzo, Undersecretary Jocelyn Bolante, Assistant Secretary Ibarra T. Poliquit and other DA high-ranking officials in connection with the P728-million fertilizer fund anomaly.
Casimiro had earlier found probable cause to indict Lorenzo and Bolante, in conspiracy with other high-ranking DA officials, for plunder.
However, the respondents filed their separate motions for reconsideration (MRs). Such MRs were denied by the Acting Ombudsman.
Likewise, the MRs filed by former Quezon City Rep. Nanette Castelo-Daza, former Marinduque Governor Carmencita Reyes and former Catanduanes Governor Leandro B. Verceles Jr. were also denied.
Charges for violation of Republic Act No. 3019, otherwise known as the “Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act,” were ordered filed against them.
At the same time, criminal charges for malversation were filed against DA Regional Directors Cesar D. Rodriguez, Dennis B. Araullo, Ricardo D. Oblena, Leo P. Caneda, Oscar O. Parawan, Roger C. Chio, Sumail K. Sekak and Eduardo B. Lecciones Jr.
Casimiro also ordered the dismissal from the service of Poliquit, Oblena, Araullo, Caneda, Parawan, Rodolfo M. Guieb, Balagtas K. Torres, Abelardo Bragas, Felix Ramos, Ofelia Montilla and Gregorio Sangalang, all of the DA; and Rodolfo G. Malinana, Ireneo C. Del Rosario, Roger M. Pitajen, and Herbert DLS EvanGelista Sr., all officials of the provincial government of Catanduanes. (PNA/PIA9-BST)
- 08/07/2011 12:53 - WMSU celebrates Nutrition Month
- 05/07/2011 12:40 - Tough training awaits CARAT 2011 participants
- 05/07/2011 12:39 - Lawmakers give P-Noy 'excellent' mark in his 1st year as president
- 05/07/2011 12:39 - President Aquino swears-in Mar Roxas as DOTC Secretary
- 04/07/2011 13:09 - Gov't draws contingency measures on Saudi's new labor policy
- 04/07/2011 09:50 - RPMC monitors projects in ZN
- 04/07/2011 09:49 - La Paz receives VETCAP from DA, OCVET and AFP
- 01/07/2011 12:50 - DSWD rushes aid to flash flood stricken Davao City
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - Maguindanao flood victims get help from ARMM gov’t
- 30/06/2011 13:04 - DOST labs offer affordable testing services