Friday, 22 July 2011 15:12
Malacanang released a book containing President Benigno S. Aquino III’s top legislative measures that will serve as a template of his administration for the country’s march towards progress and development.
The publication entitled “Priority Legislative Measures of the President” volume 1 (July 2010 to June 2011), was adopted by the House of Representatives and the Senate as their common legislative agenda for the Fifteenth Congress during the 111th Legislative Executive Development Advisory Council (LEDAC) meeting.
The Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO), Presidential Legislative Liaison Office (PLLO) and the Bureau of Communications Services (BCS) collaborated with Congress and the different agencies to come up with the publication.
The book aimed at informing the private sector, academe, local government units and various stakeholders about what the administration has been doing with regards to policy measures as well as its vision in the next five years in office.
“The goal is to inform, empower and involve the people in crafting landmark legislative measures that will be vital to support the country’s development and progress,” PCOO Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma said.
It provides a short analysis of how the bills are related to the 16-point agenda in the social contract and the Philippine Development Plan of 2011 to 2016, he added.
A year after President Aquino assumed office, he has not forgotten his promises to the people—that he will institute a feedback mechanism that will allow Filipinos from the grassroots level to raise their concerns about the government.
After the President’s state-of-the-nation address (SONA) next week, PCOO will visit different provinces to do consultations with the local government units (LGUs), private sector, non-government organizations (NGOs), academe and other stakeholders to get their feedback and support for pushing these priority measures.
The publication is a compilation of the priority legislative measures highlighted by the President as landmark legislation that are vital to support the country’s development and progress.
These measures are part of the President’s social contract with the people which he made when he ran for the presidency last year.
Key areas in the social contract includes good governance, support for the poor, economic expansion and job generation, peace and stability, and promotion of sustainable utilization of natural resources with the help of several stakeholders.
At the same time, these priority legislative measures are anchored on the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2011-2016, the government’s blueprint that translates President Aquino’s social contract into actions that benefit the people. (PNA)
- 25/07/2011 12:31 - Aquino to highlight achievements, vision in today's SONA
- 22/07/2011 15:16 - PHL-SME stakeholders tackle agro-industrial zone establishment in EAGA sub-region
- 22/07/2011 15:15 - BSP promotes public awareness of banknote security features
- 22/07/2011 15:15 - Filipino lawmakers visit disputed isle, defy China
- 22/07/2011 15:13 - Gov't launches open budgeting initiative
- 22/07/2011 15:11 - PhilRice introduces irrigation saving technology
- 22/07/2011 15:11 - Lawmaker: Pinoy seamen deserve equal protection of law
- 22/07/2011 15:09 - No SONA speech leakage, Malacañang assures
- 21/07/2011 11:36 - President Aquino signs law on early release of state workers' retirement benefits
- 21/07/2011 11:36 - House leaders give P-Noy "8" points for 'remarkable job'