Monday, 25 July 2011 12:31
President Benigno Aquino III will highlight what he has done in his first year in office as well as where he intends to bring the country next year, when he delivers his State-of-the-Nation Address (SONA) today, Monday, Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said.
“Kailangan po nating tandaan na ang Pangulong Aquino po ay nahalal noong 2010 dahil sa kanyang pangakong anti-corruption program, at ipakikita po ng Pangulo kung ano ang nagawa na to fulfill that promise in the year or so that he has been in office,” Valte said in an interview aired over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan on Saturday.
“Pangalawa, yung isa pa pong pag-uusapan ng Pangulo, is kung saan niya tayo gustong mapunta in a year’s time,” she added.
Asked by reporters if the public can expect measurable announcements from the President like job generation, poverty reduction and growth target, Valte said the President will report about those issues particularly good governance and accountability.
“Magkakaroon po, magbibigay po ng mga undisputed facts and figures ang Pangulo—kasama po ‘yun doon sa address niya on Monday,” she said, adding that apart from the constitutional mandate of the President, the chief executive will talk about the real state of the nation.
The President’s Cabinet has just concluded the Pilipinas Natin Cabinet Cluster fora in the run up to his SONA this Monday. The series tackled economic growth, investments, climate change mitigation and food security.
Other clusters held their separate fora discussing human development and poverty reduction, climate change adaptation and mitigation, security, justice and peace as well as good governance and anti-corruption. (PNA)
- 28/07/2011 13:02 - Teacher the noblest one
- 26/07/2011 12:50 - Aquino welcomes new Apostolic Nuncio to the Philippines
- 26/07/2011 12:48 - Palace hopes court speeds up Maguindanao massacre case trial
- 26/07/2011 12:47 - Palace extends condolences to victims of Norway blast, shooting rampage
- 25/07/2011 12:32 - HIV cases pass 7,000-mark, with June infections up 63% in PHL
- 22/07/2011 15:16 - PHL-SME stakeholders tackle agro-industrial zone establishment in EAGA sub-region
- 22/07/2011 15:15 - BSP promotes public awareness of banknote security features
- 22/07/2011 15:15 - Filipino lawmakers visit disputed isle, defy China
- 22/07/2011 15:13 - Gov't launches open budgeting initiative
- 22/07/2011 15:12 - Palace launches publication on priority legislative measures of President Aquino