Wednesday, 03 August 2011 13:04
President Benigno S. Aquino III issued Proclamation No. 209 conferring on academician Bienvenido Florendo Nebres S.J., the rank and title of national scientist for his achievements in science and technology.
Proclamation No. 209, which was signed on July 27, 2011 by Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa Jr., said that the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines states that it is a declared policy of the State to give priority to science and technology.
It added that Section 10, Article XIV of the Constitution also “provides that science and technology are essential for national development and that the State shall give priority to research, development, invention, innovation and their utilization.”
The proclamation also said that the rank and title of national scientist was created under Presidential Decree No. 1003-A, dated December 16, 1976.
In conferring the rank and title of National Scientist on Nebres, the President noted that the “work of Nebres in the field of Mathematics is reflective of this preeminence and of the national genius that contributes to science and technology and to the progress of the Philippines and the world.”
“Preeminent achievements by Filipinos in science and technology that have contributed to the progress of the country and humanity deserve the recognition and acknowledgment of our Government in pursuit of its policy of furthering national development through enhanced scientific and technological research and development,” Aquino said. (PCOO/PIA9-BST)
- 03/08/2011 13:09 - AO mandates all gov't agencies to use e-procurement system
- 03/08/2011 13:08 - Gov't gives up to 8 years tax break to investors - BOI
- 03/08/2011 13:06 - House starts marathon hearing on proposed P1.816-Trillion national budget
- 03/08/2011 13:05 - Phl investments hit all time highs
- 03/08/2011 13:05 - Oil and gas exploration in areas covered by ancestral domain will push through
- 02/08/2011 14:27 - Seminar on national anthem, flag Hekasi held for teachers
- 30/07/2011 12:11 - NDRRMC: 'Juaning' death toll rises to 41
- 29/07/2011 10:51 - ARMM distributes palay seeds, steps up services to remotest poor sectors
- 29/07/2011 10:50 - ASFP builds classrooms to enhance education in ARMM
- 29/07/2011 10:49 - Filipino Catholics want Butuan Bishop out