Thursday, 04 August 2011 10:54
Bohol - President Benigno S. Aquino III said that the proposed national budget for fiscal year 2012 is projected to be evenly distributed to all parts of the country for its progress and development as he expressed confidence for its passage on time in Congress.
In an ambush interview following the Multi Stakeholders Forum at the Dagohoy Grand Hall of the Bohol Tropics Resort, here on Tuesday President Aquino said that the national budget for 2012 is geared towards bringing progress and development to the remotest part of the country as stated in his social contract with the Filipino people.
“Ang instructions po natin walang mamamayan ng republika ang made-deprived ng kanilang rightful share… sa palagay ko po masasagot ni Secretary Abad specifically kung may nagre-reklamo mayron bang napunta sa probinsiyang ganito…sa bayan na ganito, mai-po-point out, so sa palagay ko po hindi tama yung statement na mayroon na-zero, lahat po, ang pagkaintindi ko ay naibigay yung kaukulang bahagi nila sa ating national budget,” the President said.
When asked of the Chief Executive’s confidence on the enactment of the General Appropriation Act of 2012 in Congress, the President said there is no reason to get worried.
Recent reports said that the House Minority bloc decided to boycott the budget deliberation and hearings to protest the discrimination against opposition members whose Priority Development Assistance Fund or pork barrel has not yet been released since last year. (PCOO/PIA9-BST)
- 08/08/2011 14:37 - LPG up P1 per kilo?
- 08/08/2011 14:35 - Mindanao can be the next hub of technopreneurs
- 08/08/2011 14:34 - 38 killed in Afghan helicopter crash - NATO
- 08/08/2011 14:29 - Mindanao faces power curtailment anew
- 04/08/2011 10:54 - Aquino pledges government support to help BPO industry grow further
- 04/08/2011 10:53 - Witnesses say ex-FG ordered sale of 2 choppers to PNP as brand new
- 04/08/2011 10:52 - PAGCOR confirms P185-M intel funds diverted to GMA's 'pork barrel' in 2010
- 03/08/2011 13:09 - AO mandates all gov't agencies to use e-procurement system
- 03/08/2011 13:08 - Gov't gives up to 8 years tax break to investors - BOI
- 03/08/2011 13:06 - House starts marathon hearing on proposed P1.816-Trillion national budget