Wednesday, 10 August 2011 13:17
President Benigno S. Aquino III has directed the Department of Interior and Local Government and the National Police Commission to begin proceedings that will promote a lady cop who, together with her men belonging to a police precinct in Trenton, Agusan del Sur, held back a battalion of communist insurgents from attacking them last July 30.
The Chief Executive issued his directive to promote Inspector Charity Galvez, who is also Chief of Police of said municipality of the province, in ceremonies marking the 110th Police Service Anniversary of the Philippine National Police on Monday in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
“Matanong ko lang ho si Kalihim Jesse Robredo, Police Inspector na siya (Charity Galvez) bago nangyari yung insidente, maganda ang ginawa niya Inspector pa rin,” the President said.
“Swerte nandito ang NAPOLCOM, mukhang mako-confirm na nila yung (rank of) Senior Inspector sa lalong madaling panahon,” he stressed. Prior to joining the PNP in 2000, Galvez was an elementary school teacher for seven years. (PCOO/PIA9-BST)
- 12/08/2011 14:24 - Governor Camins: Servicio de Calidad
- 12/08/2011 14:24 - Aquino to meet Filipino Dragon Boat warriors in Malacanang today
- 12/08/2011 14:22 - 'Amazing' therapy wipes out leukemia in study
- 10/08/2011 13:18 - PHL sees ASEAN as a region of prosperity and stability
- 10/08/2011 13:18 - House leader pushes extension of 15-year AFP modernization program
- 10/08/2011 13:16 - PHL keen on focusing more on fundamentals amid US credit rating downgrade
- 08/08/2011 14:38 - Aquino vows gov’t to file charges vs perpetrators of alleged poll fraud
- 08/08/2011 14:37 - Gov't closely monitors possible impact of US credit rating downgrade to PHL economy
- 08/08/2011 14:37 - LPG up P1 per kilo?
- 08/08/2011 14:35 - Mindanao can be the next hub of technopreneurs