Friday, 12 August 2011 14:29
MANADO, Indonesia - The 43rd ASEAN Economic Ministers and Related Meetings opened here on Wednesday afternoon, involving ministers in charge of economic, commerce, trade and investment in ASEAN member states and dialogue partners.
The ministers and representatives are about to continue their work on building the time-bound ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by its target year 2015, seeking ways to achieve a common platform for ASEAN beyond 2015, and to discuss ways to further engage Dialogue Partners and other stakeholders in the process during the series of meetings.
Boediono, vice president of this year's ASEAN chair country Indonesia, gave a remark on the opening session. He said that facing global uncertainties, the ASEAN countries should persist in concerns with the benefits of regional integration.
ASEAN will ensure balanced, equitable, sustainable and inclusive growth and development between and within ASEAN members, said Boediono.
He reiterated that the businesses, especially SMEs, and ASEAN entrepreneurs should be truly benefit from the ASEAN Economic Community.
The week-long series of meetings began with the Senior Official 's Preparatory meetings on Tuesday, and followed by the 25th ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) Council Meeting and the 14th ASEAN Investment Area (AIA) Council Meeting on Wednesday, and the 13th ASEAN Mekong Basin Development Cooperation (AMBDC) meeting on Friday.
The series of meetings will also provide a platform for those attending ministers to have consultations with the relevant ministries from ASEAN's Dialogue Partners of Australia, New Zealand, China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russia, and the United States. (PNA/Xinhua)
- 16/08/2011 11:34 - Aquino thanks Dragon Warriors for bringing honor to the country
- 16/08/2011 11:33 - Funds for unfilled position in gov’t could be a source of conversion, says Drilon
- 16/08/2011 11:33 - Napolcom sets PNP exams on October 23, 2011
- 16/08/2011 11:32 - 'Pilipinas Natin' goes to Davao City
- 16/08/2011 11:32 - Aquino vows continuing support to police, military
- 12/08/2011 14:28 - Another province looms in Bicol
- 12/08/2011 14:26 - 'Anti-human trafficking efforts must protect Filipinos here and overseas' - VP Binay
- 12/08/2011 14:24 - Governor Camins: Servicio de Calidad
- 12/08/2011 14:24 - Aquino to meet Filipino Dragon Boat warriors in Malacanang today
- 12/08/2011 14:22 - 'Amazing' therapy wipes out leukemia in study