Friday, 19 August 2011 13:47
Police have arrested an alleged suspect in the car bomb explosion in Tacurong City last Monday, Central Mindanao police director Chief Supt. Benjardi Mantele confirmed Thursday.
Mantele said suspect Datu Karim Masdal was arrested last Tuesday but authorities kept it under wraps pending deeper investigation and the coming out of witnesses.
“He was the one who was last seen leaving the car before it exploded. Witnesses have positively identified him,” Mantele said.
Masdal was arrested in Tacurong City near the blast site, the police official said, adding the suspect was a resident of Guindolungan in Maguindanao.
Mantele said that last Saturday, authorities recovered an improvised explosive device also in Guindolungan town.
Charges of double murder and multiple frustrated murder were filed earlier Thursday against Masdal, the police official said.
The suspect has denied involvement in the car bomb incident, Mantele said.
Mantele apologized for revealing just now that a suspect has been arrested, noting doing earlier “would preempt” police operations and “may refrain witnesses from coming out.” (Romer S. Sarmiento-PNA)
- 23/08/2011 14:28 - GenSan pushes opening of more barter trading routes within BIMP-EAGA
- 19/08/2011 13:48 - PHL bans deployment of OFWs to Syria
- 19/08/2011 13:48 - Malacanang urges LGUs to help spread out dengue traps
- 19/08/2011 13:48 - Returning OFWs to be given government assistance
- 19/08/2011 13:47 - Santiago says RH bill part of privacy right
- 17/08/2011 13:27 - Region 10 to host BIMP-EAGA SOMM
- 17/08/2011 13:26 - Chiz: Hate campaign threat by Bangsamoro groups baseless
- 17/08/2011 13:25 - DTI, DOT line up events for Kadayawan s Dabaw Festival?
- 17/08/2011 13:21 - Malacañang says Aquino approves in principle the Freedom of Information Bill
- 16/08/2011 11:34 - DepEd clarifies policies on kindergarten classes