Monday, 12 September 2011 14:31
President Noynoy Aquino has declared September 12 to 17, 2011 as “Printing Industry Week,” coinciding with the 15th National Printers Convention and Print Philippines 2011.
Proclamation No. 251 was signed on Sept. 7, 2011 by Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa Jr. to recognize “the significant role of the printing industry in the economy through the recording, preserving and disseminating of knowledge and information.”
The proclamation also aims to promote “an environment conducive to the growth and competitiveness of private enterprises, particularly Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).”
The Printing Industries Association of the Philippines Inc. (PIAP) will hold its convention on Sept. 12-13 at the Heritage Hotel, EDSA corner Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
The PIAP will hold the Print Philippines 2011 event on Sept. 14 -17 at the World Trade Center on Roxas Blvd. corner Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. in Pasay City.
The theme of the events is "Sustaining Growth through Continuous Innovation".
PIAP is one of the biggest associations of graphic art practitioners with some 600 members. (PNA)
- 13/09/2011 12:34 - 'Spartacus' star Whitfield dies of lymphoma at 39
- 13/09/2011 12:33 - Taiwan leader 'to visit disputed Spratlys islands'
- 12/09/2011 14:34 - An estimated 5,000 other giant crocs live within the Agusan Marsh
- 12/09/2011 14:33 - Religious groups support GPH's CASER draft framework for submission to NDF
- 12/09/2011 14:33 - Ochoa: Anti-terrorism law needs more teeth
- 12/09/2011 14:31 - SPES law lowers family income requirement — Baldoz
- 11/09/2011 00:00 - Lawmaker bats for 10% increase in government retirees' monthly pension
- 11/09/2011 00:00 - New PNP chief Bartolome vows people-friendly police force
- 08/09/2011 11:07 - Inflation eases to 4.7% in August
- 08/09/2011 11:07 - Silsilah dialogue movement celebrates IFCL Basilan founding anniversary