Saturday, 24 September 2011 10:38
The Zamboanga Chong Hua High School Alumni Association culminated their 2011 Basketball tournament-1st Conference held at the Golden Boy Gym along Mayor Vitaliano Agan Street from August 8, 2011 to September 16, 2011.
Seven teams participated in the tournament under the Senior and Master Divisions namely, Technomarine 1999, Larzian, La Clarita, 2011 Chong Hua Varsity, 2001 Happiness, 1998 Jet, and 2000.
After weeks of intense basketball action, 2001 Happiness bagged the Championship crown after defeating the 1998 Jet with the score of 71-41. The Jets got the 1st runner up position. La Clarita won 2nd runner up and 2011 Chong Hua Varsity was 3rd runner up. The winners received trophies and corresponding cash prices.
In an interview with Mr. Johnny Chua, President of the Alumni Association, he said, "We are happy on the success of the tournament. I am congratulating all the teams who participated and we hope to see them again in the 2nd conference."
Chua added that the tournament helped build stronger ties among the different batches of the Chong Hua High School. He said they are expecting more action during the second conference.
Chua said he extends his gratitude to Mr. Edgar Lim, his Vice President, Ronald Wee - Incoming President, Mr. Jordy Midel - Alumni Association Sports Director, Game Commissioners Frederick Lim for the Seniors Division, Ramon Tan for the Masters Division and all other Alumni officers and those who in one way or the other contributed to the success of the tournament.
- 28/09/2011 15:03 - Angara wants incentives for coconut farmers
- 28/09/2011 15:03 - Navy conducts series of Medcap, Dencap, Vetcap Activities
- 27/09/2011 14:31 - 2 of 7 Ipil gas stations obtain compliance certificate - DOE
- 27/09/2011 14:31 - Envoy cites PHL's role in reconstructing Japan
- 27/09/2011 14:30 - Gov't sets aside P500-M to curb oil smuggling
- 24/09/2011 10:19 - Aquino vows to remove people's disillusionment with government
- 24/09/2011 10:19 - DOST launches STARBOOKS in Zamboanga Peninsula
- 24/09/2011 10:18 - Pres. Aquino orders review of oil deregulation law
- 24/09/2011 10:18 - Aquino urges Public Relations practitioners to help in moving the country towards progress and development
- 24/09/2011 10:17 - P-Noy announces P9-billion budget surplus