Wednesday, 28 September 2011 15:03
In connection with the celebration of the 15th Foundation Anniversary of Naval Forces Western Mindanao, series of Medcap and Dencap activities were held in Sangali, Zamboanga City and Badjao Village, Tawi-Tawi and Vetcap in Timpuuk, Patikul, Sulu.
A total of 152 local residents of Badjao Village in the province of Tawi-Tawi have benefitted from the Medcap while 14 others in Dencap which was initiated by the personnel of Marine Batallion Landing Team 5 under the leadership of LCol. Ferdinand Blasco last September 16 2011.
On the other hand, the Marine Batallion Landing Team 11 under the leadership of LCol. Renato Racadio has conducted Vetcap to the domestic animals of the local populace last September 24, 2011. A total of 11 cattles, 18 goats, 13 dogs and a cat were given appropriate treatment and vaccinations in order to help protect these animals from harmful deceases. According to LCOL RACADIO, this activity aims to help the residents to increase their farm production for their living and to prevent further case of deaths due to rabies.
The personnel of Western Mindanao and their dependents were also given free medical and dental services last September 18, 2011. One of the highlights of the activity is the donation of 5 wheelchairs to people with disabilities. Also 5 wheelchairs were donated to Camp General Navarro Hospital to support the medical needs of military personnel confined in the hospital.
The Medcap and Dencap Team of Naval Forces Western Mindanao together with its Civil Military Operation Group conducted free services in Sangali, Zamboanga City last Septmeber 24, 2011. A total of 1,144 beneficiaries of medical check-up, 140 in surgical/circumcision, 312 patients of Dental/Tooth extraction, 500 residents were given relief goods, 500 personnel in feeding program and 470 were given assorted goods. Wheelchairs were also given to three individuals with physical deformities.
Accordingly, another set of wheelchairs will be given during the anniversary celebration of the Naval Forces Western Mindanao in which Rear Admiral Alexander P Pama, the Flag Officer In Command will award the wheelchairs to the people who needs it most.
Rear Admiral Guzman expressed his appreciation with other Local Government Units and NGOs who supported their activities.
Rear Admiral Guzman said, these series of medical, dental, and vetenerary activities are part of their campaign in winning the peace in line with the guidance of Western Mindanao Command thru the conduct of Civil Military Operations with the local populace covering their areas of concern.
- 29/09/2011 10:28 - AboitizPower and Marubeni to add 400 MW to Luzon grid
- 29/09/2011 10:28 - DOLE intervenes with ‘oversubscribed’ college courses
- 29/09/2011 10:27 - DOLE fixes jobs and skills mismatch
- 29/09/2011 10:27 - POEA announces nursing vacancies in Japan
- 28/09/2011 15:03 - Angara wants incentives for coconut farmers
- 27/09/2011 14:31 - 2 of 7 Ipil gas stations obtain compliance certificate - DOE
- 27/09/2011 14:31 - Envoy cites PHL's role in reconstructing Japan
- 27/09/2011 14:30 - Gov't sets aside P500-M to curb oil smuggling
- 24/09/2011 10:38 - Zamboanga Chong Hua High School Alumni Basketball Tourney - A huge success!
- 24/09/2011 10:19 - Aquino vows to remove people's disillusionment with government