Monday, 17 October 2011 13:09
The Upsilon Phi Sigma Fraternity and Sorority will be holding its 4th National Convention on October 21-23, 2011, at Philtown Hotel, Cagayan de Oro City.
To be hosted by the Cagayan de Oro City Council, this triennial national event will be attended by around three hundred Upsilonians representing the collegiate members from different chapters as well as alumni members from various councils around the globe, respectively.
Convention Chairman Rutherford Ondin disclosed that this year’s UPS national gathering will serve as an opportunity for the participants to experience a lifetime fun and camaraderie as they will renew old acquaintances, rekindle old memories and relive the Upsilonian spirit. More than that, various important topics will also be
brought for discussion for organizational development and member’s upliftment.
The 3-day convention will kick off with a Motorcade around the city, a Tree Planting Activity and to be followed with the Opening Program with no less than the UPS Honorary Member , former Senator Migz Zubiri as the Guest of Honor who will deliver his message anchored on the convention theme, ““Upsilon Phi Sigma Charting Pro-active responses in mitigating the effect of Climate Change”.
Also awaits for the participants of this year’s convention is the UPS Fun Shoot Competition which shall be held on the last day of the national event. Meanwhile, for those who opted not to join the fun shoot, the host council will also provide another exciting escapade for the participants such as city tour including the amazing water rafting which is considered “a must” destination while having a short stay in Cagayan de Oro City.
In a related development, for the first time in the history of UPS National Convention, the song “Forever Upsilon, Forever Yours”, will also be played as the 2011 NatCon Jingle, which was made possible thru Mr. Archie Dairocas, an Upsilonian friend who was the arranger, producer and singer of the song, and the same fellow who sang and composed the Palarong Pambansa 2011 official song.
The Upsilon Phi Sigma Inter-University and Collegiate Honor and Excellence Fraternity and Sorority was founded in 1935 and considered as one of the oldest Greek organizations in Asia and committed for the lifetime development of its individual members. It inculcates the lasting brotherhood and sisterhood in the spirit of Unity, Peace and Prosperity for All. Through the years, the organization develops its members the qualities of good leadership and self-confidence among other important values, with focus on organizational loyalty.
The Upsilon Phi Sigma therefore, maintains its basic role as the fraternal symbol of Honor and Excellence, not only on its proactive leadership, but importantly also, to its committed membership worldwide.
By George M. Agayan
- 17/10/2011 13:12 - 21 PNP officials, civilian conspirators in P131.5-M rubber boat scam raps
- 17/10/2011 13:11 - CIDG belies NZ woman’s sex ordeal in PHL
- 17/10/2011 13:11 - Top NPA leader killed in Mindanao clash
- 17/10/2011 13:10 - Palace assures whistle-blowers' protection to build strong case against the Arroyos
- 17/10/2011 13:10 - Palace says rice importation not needed this year despite damages from typhoons
- 17/10/2011 13:09 - Filipino war veterans may get additional P1,000 monthly pension
- 17/10/2011 13:08 - Pacquiao runs out of sparring mate
- 04/10/2011 13:21 - AboitizPower, CANORECO deal to benefit Camarines Norte
- 04/10/2011 13:20 - Aquino underscores importance of dialogue in addressing disputes
- 04/10/2011 13:20 - Revived cha-cha move draws mixed reactions among senators