Friday, 28 October 2011 09:44
Globe Telecom lauds Commissioner Gamaliel Cordoba, Deputy Commissioners Delilah Deles and Carlo Jose Martinez of the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) in issuing its decision involving the PLDT-Digitel merger.
Globe head of corporate legal services group Atty. Froilan Castelo said, “The approval of the joint application with condition to divest PLDT’s 10Mhz 3G frequency is a progressive step for the NTC in promoting consumer welfare and fair competition. Given the length of time this deal has been discussed by several authorities in the government, the media, and private sector, the decision of the regulatory body upholds its support to the industry, ensuring equal opportunities among players to compete, and allowing consumers to enjoy quality services from their chosen service provider.”
Globe Telecom also notes the proactive approach of the NTC to effect local interconnection between Globe and Innove in provincial areas which benefits subscribers by lowering the cost of landline domestic calls. Globe expects the NTC to come out with a similar pro-consumer position on internet peering to help expand market opportunities in providing internet services in the country.
- 30/10/2011 16:00 - Palace asked to explain 'grey areas' in P5M MILF aid
- 29/10/2011 10:00 - Aquino leads awarding of 2011 Child Friendly Municipalities and Cities
- 29/10/2011 09:59 - Confed-Mindanao members express support to P-Noy’s call for all-out justice, peace
- 29/10/2011 09:58 - 15 newly-dug graves found in Zambo Sibugay as rebel-outlaws flee due to airstrikes
- 28/10/2011 09:44 - AboitizPower presents water plans, bags Davao land reclassification vote
- 28/10/2011 09:43 - Palace says offensive against lawless elements to continue
- 26/10/2011 11:16 - CEB flies 2.8 million passengers in Q3, posts 12% growth
- 26/10/2011 11:15 - Fr. Tentorio laid to rest in Kidapawan
- 24/10/2011 12:03 - Military convoy attacked on Sunday, 2 soldiers killed
- 24/10/2011 12:01 - Bangun Ra'ayat expands to other Tawi-Tawi towns