Thursday, 03 November 2011 10:31
The St Francis House Scouts held their 2011 Sem Break Encampment in the hills of Barangay Lumayang on Oct .30-31 as a culminating activity commemorating October as Scouting Month.
The scouts and scouters headed by scoutmaster Bong Bue underwent lecturettes on jungle survival, mountaineering and camping skills.
The encampment was made on top of Lumayang's hill overlooking the entire city of Zamboanga. St Francis House scouts and scouters trekked the mountains of Lumayang and discovered the "Nido Waterfalls" that can be promoted as Lumayang's barangay tourism spot.
Games and other activities were held at Lumayang Monte Agua resort courtesy of Lumayang barangay chairman Frederick Atilano.
The St Francis House scouts marked its first year anniversary after it was registered as a community scouting unit with the Philippine Boy Scouts of the Philippines and Girl Scouts of the Philipines.
Fr. Arthur Winikoff, founder and director of the St Francis House orphanage center in Pasonanca, agreed to introduce scouting for personal development of the over 60 orphans at the St Francis House, which was established in Zamboanga City in 1987.
- 04/11/2011 10:17 - Malacanang says government determined to pursue lawless elements in Mindanao
- 04/11/2011 10:16 - Bob Arum: Marquez won't sit well in his Nov. 12-showdown with Pacquiao
- 04/11/2011 10:15 - YSP-PAZ emerges Peace Champions in TAYO 9
- 04/11/2011 10:14 - POEA issues 2 more resolutions on deployment of OFWs to compliant, non-compliant countries
- 04/11/2011 10:13 - Work progresses on planned solid waste management roadmap
- 03/11/2011 10:30 - SN AboitizPower revives old glory of Ambuklao dam
- 30/10/2011 16:01 - U.S. State Secretary Clinton to visit Philippines in November - Del Rosario
- 30/10/2011 16:01 - 4 caregivers cited for Japan heroism
- 30/10/2011 16:00 - Philippines to seize Marcos properties
- 30/10/2011 16:00 - Palace asked to explain 'grey areas' in P5M MILF aid