Friday, 04 November 2011 10:18
Malacanang said it is committed to complete peace agreement with the Rebolusyonaryong Partido ng Manggagawa Pilipinas-Revolutionary Proletarian Army-Alex Boncayao Brigade (RPMP-RPA-ABB) and will release the money intended for the rebel group.
“The Aquino administration is committed to the five negotiating tables that are pursuing a just and lasting peace,” Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said in a statement on Wednesday.
Valte said the government will release the funds to the local government units (LGUs) in areas that will be identified for community development and livelihood assistance.
Under the agreement, which was signed in December 2000 during the Estrada administration, the government made a commitment to fund the reintegration and development projects for the rebel organization.
This includes livelihood projects, housing assistance, education and training, primary health care, agriculture and irrigation facilities, farm-to-market roads and microfinance, among others.
Valte also said the military expressed its support for the peace process with the RPMP-RPA-ABB, acknowledging its impact on security concerns on the ground.
The Aquino administration plans to give P31 million to RPMP-RPA-ABB that will come from the Payapa at Masaganang Pamayanan or Pamana, a P329-million fund administered by the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPPAP).
RPMP-RPA-ABB is a breakaway organization from the mainstream group of Jose Maria Sison.
- 08/11/2011 11:25 - House leader calls for inquiry into communist attacks in Mindanao
- 08/11/2011 11:24 - Death toll from Thailand floods rises past 500
- 07/11/2011 20:10 - 'Manny is ready to fight even today' - Roach
- 07/11/2011 20:10 - Aquino bares gov't plans to prevent Filipinos from working overseas
- 05/11/2011 13:42 - Aquino government renews commitment to OFW welfare; supports POEA deployment ban
- 04/11/2011 10:17 - ICT/BPO sector in Clark needs 2,222 workers
- 04/11/2011 10:17 - Malacanang says government determined to pursue lawless elements in Mindanao
- 04/11/2011 10:16 - Bob Arum: Marquez won't sit well in his Nov. 12-showdown with Pacquiao
- 04/11/2011 10:15 - YSP-PAZ emerges Peace Champions in TAYO 9
- 04/11/2011 10:14 - POEA issues 2 more resolutions on deployment of OFWs to compliant, non-compliant countries