Tuesday, 15 November 2011 11:34
PAGADIAN CITY, –- Some 21 caregiving graduates of Philippine ParaMedical Technical School (PPTS) on Friday took the national competency assessment and certification exam conducted by the Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (TESDA) at PPTS here.
Clinical Instructor Raymund Pedrosa said the assessment is being conducted by TESDA in the accredited assessment schools to measure the graduates' level of competency in the field of caregiving.
Pedrosa said the NC II certificate is a major requirement for the caregiving graduates who wish to work abroad or in our country. “It is a vital document that an agency or employer is looking from a caregiver to show that he or she is a competent health care provider,” Pedrosa added.
Pedrosa said PPTS is the only TESDA accredited assessment school in Zamboanga del Sur since 2008. The school has conducted several batches of assessment in caregiving and health care services and has produced caregivers abroad.
The assessors are nursing department head Paulo Martin, instructor Mae Sunshine Sarmiento and TESDA representative Teresa Mensoza. They assessed the graduates through written exam, performance basic life support and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, bed making, etc.
Pedrosa said PPTS will accommodate not only their own graduates to take the exam but those who are also coming from other schools saying that it is the only accredited assessment school in the province.
He said PPTS will also accommodate students who wish to take an assessment exam for health care services (NC) II.
Those who would like to take the exam should submit the following requirements: assessment form, recent 2x2 r ID picture and P350 assessment fee, Pedrosa concluded.
By Gideon C. Corgue
- 15/11/2011 11:37 - Gov't to continue working with countries affected by POEA deployment ban
- 15/11/2011 11:37 - Sibugay taps media in promoting nutrition
- 15/11/2011 11:36 - Sibugay peace and order back to normal- PNP
- 15/11/2011 11:35 - US-Russian crew blasts off for space station
- 15/11/2011 11:35 - Philippine Tourism Industry finally united
- 14/11/2011 11:16 - AFP to propose new modernization plan
- 14/11/2011 11:11 - Laurente, Lumacad beat separate opponents in Pacquiao-Marquez undercard
- 14/11/2011 11:10 - Grand hero’s welcome awaits Pacman in Sarangani, GenSan
- 12/11/2011 11:46 - Coco-coir stakeholders consultative meeting slated in Pagadian
- 12/11/2011 11:45 - Malacañang moves against group misrepresenting as gov't officials