Tuesday, 15 November 2011 11:37
The National Nutrition Council (NCC) and Zamboanga Sibugay Nutrition Office called on the media to become their partners in promoting nutrition during recent media conference in the province.
Provincial Nutrition Action Officer (PNAO), Marlene Garcia, said the media plays a great role in helping the government disseminate accurate information on the importance of nutrition.
“We always recognize the power of media on how they can help us inform families in far-flung places in the country about the value of nutrition. We believe that good relationship and proper linkage between the nutrition council and media could generate huge impact on the nutrition advocacy of people in these areas,” Garcia explained.
During the media conference, Nimfa Ekong, Assistant Regional Director of the NNC, gave a presentation on the current state of the province’s, as well as the country’s nutrition situation.
Ekong said there is much to do in terms of educating the Filipinos on the observance of proper nutrition in every Filipino home.
Speaking in behalf of the media practitioners, Eddie Sallave, field reporter of DXIR-FM, committed the group to become NNC and PNAO’s partner in promoting and advocating good nutrition through their respective media outfits.
“We will also assure the NNC and the PNAO that we are always with them in their mission to educate and aware the people about the value of nutrition in their lives”, Sallave vowed.
PNAO Garcia also gave a brief summary on the recent accomplishments of the nutrition advocates of Sibugay. He said the malnutrition rate in the province has gone down.
Other members of the Ipil media present during the conference were Don Johnson of DXUZ-Radyo Lipay, Rey Manriquez and Rudyard Lopez of DXIR-FM, Paulnazer Lontua, News Editor of the Sibugay Express.
By Paulnazer T. Lontua-PIA9-ZS/ZBST
- 15/11/2011 11:39 - All Pantawid Pamilya beneficiaries set to receive Philhealth benefits – DSWD Secretary
- 15/11/2011 11:39 - Kiko calls for probe on Jatropha bungle
- 15/11/2011 11:38 - Pacquiao’s controversial win sparks debate
- 15/11/2011 11:38 - Zamboanga bans sale of pellet toy guns
- 15/11/2011 11:37 - Gov't to continue working with countries affected by POEA deployment ban
- 15/11/2011 11:36 - Sibugay peace and order back to normal- PNP
- 15/11/2011 11:35 - US-Russian crew blasts off for space station
- 15/11/2011 11:35 - Philippine Tourism Industry finally united
- 15/11/2011 11:34 - Caregiving graduates take national competency exam at PPTS
- 14/11/2011 11:16 - AFP to propose new modernization plan