Tuesday, 15 November 2011 11:38
Mayor Celso Lobregat has imposed a ban on the sale of pellet toy guns in Zamboanga City and directed the immediate confiscation of the same.
The ban, formalized in Executive Order No. CL 427-2011 issued by Lobregat last Nov. 3, is aimed at promoting public welfare and protection, as the sale and use of pellet toy guns has been causing so much physical injuries, especially to young people.
Mayor Lobregat said with the onset of the Christmas season, the private and public economic enterprises in the city will be flooded with these pellet guns and that “a proactive approach is prudent and necessary to protect the children from unnecessary injuries.”
In his directive, the city chief executive has tasked Acting City Police Director Col. Edwin de Ocampo and Task Force Limpiesa (City Hall-COMPAC) to strictly enforce the ban and to effect the confiscation of the pellet toy guns.
All confiscated items are to be properly accounted for, turned over and deposited at the Office of the City Administrator for proper destruction.
Mayor Lobregat has also tasked City Administrator Antonio Orendain Jr. and Assistant Administrator Elmeir Apolinario to ensure the strict compliance of the executive order.
- 15/11/2011 11:41 - BIR urges professionals to be tax law compliant
- 15/11/2011 11:40 - Aquino debunks claims that PHL has not been nice to the 'Big Brother'
- 15/11/2011 11:39 - All Pantawid Pamilya beneficiaries set to receive Philhealth benefits – DSWD Secretary
- 15/11/2011 11:39 - Kiko calls for probe on Jatropha bungle
- 15/11/2011 11:38 - Pacquiao’s controversial win sparks debate
- 15/11/2011 11:37 - Gov't to continue working with countries affected by POEA deployment ban
- 15/11/2011 11:37 - Sibugay taps media in promoting nutrition
- 15/11/2011 11:36 - Sibugay peace and order back to normal- PNP
- 15/11/2011 11:35 - US-Russian crew blasts off for space station
- 15/11/2011 11:35 - Philippine Tourism Industry finally united