Wednesday, 16 November 2011 11:34
President Benigno S. Aquino III arrived Monday night after joining 20 other world leaders at the 2011 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit held in Honolulu, Hawai from November 11 to 13.
The President’s chartered airline flight PR001 arrived a little past 2 a.m. at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal II.
In his arrival speech, the President cited the APEC Summit where 21 world leaders joined hands to unite and help each other and their respective neighbors against the economic turmoil affecting the world.
“Ito ang halaga ng tatlong araw na pakikilahok natin sa 19th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting sa Honolulu, Hawaii: dalawampu't isang ekonomiyang nagkakapit-bisig upang pigilan ang paglawak ng pinsalang pampinansyal sa Asya Pasipiko; dalawampu't isang ekonomiyang sabay-sabay na sumasagwan tungo sa pagkakaisa, kapayapaan at kaunlaran,” the President said.
He pointed out that topics on energy, job generation and maintaining peace and stability in the region were just some of what the discussions centered on during their meetings.
“Higit sa lahat, ang bunga ng mga inisyatibang ipinunla sa APEC ngayong taon ay aanihin at pakikinabangan, hindi lamang ng kasalukuyang henerasyon, kundi maging ng susunod pang salinlahi,” the President said.
He extended his appreciation to Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard for her country’s fund assistance of $ 1-million to be used for those affected by the floods spawned by typhoons Pedring and Quiel.
“Kapwa nanalig ang ating mga bansa sa patuloy na pakiki-agapay, at sa mas matatag pang kooperasyon sa hinaharap,” the President said.
He also mentioned the fruitful talks he had with the government of Chinese Taipei on possible investments and on overseas Filipino workers working in their country.
In ending, the President assured Filipinos that he continues to have the best interest of the Filipino people in mind during his domestic and foreign travels.
“Makatitiyak po kayong nasa loob o labas man po tayo ng bansa, ang kapakanan lamang ng bawat Pilipino ang dala-dala natin. Samahan po ninyo ako: isang bansa nating tibagin ang mga balakid sa daan; isang bansa nating tahakin ang tuwid na landas, at isang bansa nating abutin ang katuparan ng ating mga pangarap,” the President said.
- 17/11/2011 11:05 - DOJ, OSG file urgent consolidated MR on SC's TRO vs. Arroyos' WLO
- 17/11/2011 11:04 - Filipino environmental groups say no to total log ban exemption
- 17/11/2011 11:03 - Ochoa: Aquino gov't committed to end threat of illegal drugs
- 17/11/2011 11:03 - Pagadian to conduct lighted Christmas decor contest anew
- 17/11/2011 11:02 - PHL Gov’t returns seven confiscated Vietnamese fishing boats
- 16/11/2011 11:33 - Arroyos get TRO on watchlist order, can leave PH
- 16/11/2011 11:32 - Philippines rejects new Chinese territorial claim
- 16/11/2011 11:32 - Delivery of first 4 new combat helicopters for PAF from Poland due this month
- 15/11/2011 11:42 - Pres Aquino stresses need for stricter rules for mining in the Philippines
- 15/11/2011 11:42 - Palace assures Mrs. Arroyo of due process