Friday, 18 November 2011 11:43
The Peace Advocate Zamboanga and Youth Solidarity for Peace held seminar and workshop for students in Zamboanga City in Mindanao as part of a program aimed at promoting the culture of peace.
The organizers held their 7th cluster which was attended by students from the Ramon Enriquez High School, Sinubong National High School, and Limpapa National High School.
The seminar’s objective was to integrate peace education and to continuously promote the culture of peace, and to give orientation to students on the upcoming celebration of the Week of Peace. The Ramon Enriquez High School hosted the event.
The facilitators of the seminar-workshop were also students and educators who attended the recently concluded interschool peace camp. Staffs from the PAZ and YSP supervised the seminar whose participants were mostly leaders of their respective schools and members of Supreme Student Government committee.
The participants actively participated in every activity presented as they shared their creativity in artworks and composing songs in the course of the program. They also shared their insights about peace, the current situation in Mindanao, and the initiatives that they can do as mere students to help appease the conflicts and atrocities in the country.
By Aldwin Francisco
- 18/11/2011 11:46 - Gov’t to rehabilitate ravaged banana farms in Mindanao
- 18/11/2011 11:45 - Clinton calls for peaceful resolution of West Philippine Sea dispute
- 18/11/2011 11:45 - PHL, U.S. reaffirm Mutual Defense Treaty as foundation of relationship; sign Manila Declaration
- 18/11/2011 11:44 - Lawmakers urge DOJ to file raps vs GMA
- 18/11/2011 11:43 - DOLE-ARMM urges placement agencies to seek authority
- 18/11/2011 11:42 - Roach prefers Mayweather than Marquez as Pacman's next opponent
- 18/11/2011 11:40 - SC to order Justice Secretary De Lima to explain why she should not be cited for contempt -- Marquez
- 18/11/2011 11:39 - US, Philippines renew military partnership
- 17/11/2011 11:05 - DOJ, OSG file urgent consolidated MR on SC's TRO vs. Arroyos' WLO
- 17/11/2011 11:04 - Filipino environmental groups say no to total log ban exemption