Tuesday, 22 November 2011 00:00
Malacanang congratulated the Filipino athletes for their performance in the 2011 Southeast Asian Games (SEAG) held in Indonesia.
During an interview over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan, Presidential Deputy Spokesperson Abigail Valte lauded the Filipino athletes who represented the Philippines in the SEA Games for bringing pride and honor to the country.
“Congratulations doon po sa ating mga atleta na nanalo na po ng medalya sa SEA Games. Maraming salamat sa inyong pagsasakripisyo at sa inyong pagdadala na naman ng karangalan sa ating bayan,” Valte said.
The Philippines is currently in the 6th place of the 26th SEA Games competition in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia, with 24 gold, 42 silver and 60 bronze medals.
Valte said over Radyo ng Bayan that the government will look into ways of helping the Filipino athletes improve their performance.
“There’s always a way to improve. Siguro po tingnan natin kung ano aong puwedeng gawin para naman mai-akyat pa natin ang antas at maalagaan ang ating mga atleta,” the deputy spokesperson said.
Last week, Filipino boxing icon and Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao defeated Juan Manuel Marquez and retained his WBO welterweight title.
Beauty Queen Gwendoline Ruais was named first runner-up in the 2011 Miss World pageant in London while Binibining Pilipinas-International Dianne Necio finished in the Top 15 of the Miss International contest in China early this month.
“Ang dami na po niyan in the past few weeks--from our beauty queens to our math students to our athletes,” Valte said. “Lingo-linggo ang paalala sa ordinaryong Pilipino that we really can make it on the global stage on any front if we put our minds to it.”
- 23/11/2011 11:17 - Egyptian Prime Minister, entire Cabinet resign
- 23/11/2011 11:16 - Senate approves OPAPP’s 2012 budget
- 23/11/2011 11:16 - No SC TRO vs. joint DOJ-Comelec panel
- 23/11/2011 11:15 - Mindanao Week of Peace launched in Zamboanga City
- 23/11/2011 11:15 - RPMC IX conducts RME on KR2 project at Bayog
- 22/11/2011 00:00 - Pacquiao returns home; explains performance vs. Marquez
- 21/11/2011 11:40 - Government lawyers aim for successful prosecution of Mrs Arroyo, Palace says
- 21/11/2011 11:39 - Asianet: Next generation of American leaders identify China as a threat
- 21/11/2011 11:38 - 12,147 potential 4Ps beneficiaries in Pagadian to register on Nov. 21-24
- 20/11/2011 17:03 - DOH announces on-going recruitment of nurses and midwives