Friday, 25 November 2011 11:22
Eduardo B. Holoyohoy assumes leadership last week as the new Regional Executive Director (RED) of the Department of Agriculture (DA) in the Zamboanga Peninsula. Dr. Carlos B. Mendoza handed him the DA banner to mark Holoyohoy’s leadership . Dr. Mendoza will report to the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI).
Holoyohoy , 52, who rose from the ranks started his career as fiber technician at the Fiber Industry Development Authority (FIDA) in 1980, planning officer in 1994, supervising agriculturist in 1989 and Regional Director in 1995.
A career executive senior officer (CESO) since 1996, Holoyohoy finished Bachelor of Science in Agriculture at the Zamboanga del Norte Agricultural College (ZNAC) in 1980 and Masters in Business Administration at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University in 2004.
Holoyohoy’s initial steps aside from meeting with the personnel of the DA and including those at the satellite stations, facilities, and research stations, will be a dialogue with the food czars regionwide in order to harmonize agricultural activities.
By: Melba B. Wee
- 29/11/2011 13:12 - Violence against women primers set to launch in Davao City
- 29/11/2011 13:12 - PHL economy grows 3.2% in 3Q
- 29/11/2011 13:11 - Navy rescues ship in distress off Misamis Occidental
- 26/11/2011 10:10 - CEB hits 1M passenger mark in October
- 26/11/2011 10:10 - Outsourcing stems Philippines labour exodus
- 25/11/2011 11:21 - Marcos hits Aquino's 'selective justice'
- 25/11/2011 11:21 - Business sector urges to curb corruption
- 25/11/2011 11:21 - Philippines' 18-year program vs climate change hailed
- 25/11/2011 11:20 - From EDSA to Cory Aquino Avenue?
- 25/11/2011 11:18 - City’s Week of Peace Starts with Assurance a Pact with MILF Is Imminent