Tuesday, 29 November 2011 13:14
ILOILO CITY – An 11-year-old girl from Capiz delivered a baby boy at a hospital in the province of Iloilo.
Report reaching here said the minor mom was first brought to the Roxas Memorial Provincial Hospital in Roxas City on Saturday but because of her critical condition and the lack of appropriate facilities, she was transferred to a hospital in Iloilo where she gave birth on Sunday.
Though the baby boy is still premature at seven-month old in her womb, the girl mom delivered the baby normally.
The minor, whose identity was not readily made available, has broke the record of her 12-year-old contemporary as the first young mother in Capiz.
Meanwhile, 41-year-old mom in Roxas City, Capiz also gave birth to triplets on Sunday.
Mrs. Luzviminda Francisco of Barangay Balijuagan, Roxas City delivered the three baby girls whom they named as Mary Jane, Mary Grace and Mary Ann through cesarean operation.
The Francisco couple had never thought they would be blessed with three baby girls because their family has no such history in giving birth to triplets.
According to his husband Arnold, the birth of the triplets has brought to 13 the number of siblings in their family with the now growing seven girls and six boys.
Arnold heavily relies his livelihood as fisherman in their locality to sustain the daily needs of his family.
- 30/11/2011 00:00 - Aquino administration remains positive on the domestic economy
- 30/11/2011 00:00 - OPAPP clarifies participation in private group-led survey
- 30/11/2011 00:00 - SC rules TRO vs. WLO on Arroyo couple stays
- 30/11/2011 00:00 - SCC conducts tree planting in Lantawan
- 29/11/2011 13:14 - Philippine Army hospital acquires modern medical equipment worth P70M
- 29/11/2011 13:12 - Violence against women primers set to launch in Davao City
- 29/11/2011 13:12 - PHL economy grows 3.2% in 3Q
- 29/11/2011 13:11 - Navy rescues ship in distress off Misamis Occidental
- 26/11/2011 10:10 - CEB hits 1M passenger mark in October
- 26/11/2011 10:10 - Outsourcing stems Philippines labour exodus