Thursday, 01 December 2011 11:56
Presidential Communications Operations Office chief Secretary Herminio “Sonny” B. Coloma, Jr. has stressed on the importance of dialogue for the achievement of the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2011-2016 goals.
Speaking before the participants of the Mindanao Communicators Network (MINDACOMNET) in General Santos City on Tuesday, Coloma said the adoption of a two-way communication is very crucial for the government to achieve its objectives.
He said as a strategy to encourage two-way communication, the government has installed the Communication for Development (C4D) program.
The C4D is composed of information officers or communicators of national government agencies (NGAs), local government units (LGUs), and some other representatives of the government sector from all over the country.
Under the C4D concept, the members are tasked to promote active citizen engagement and an enabling environment.
“The C4D stresses the need for two-way communication. We must allow people to participate,” he said adding that C4D is embracing the model of social progress based on dialogue.
Coloma said in a two-way communication, a mechanism on how to generate feedback from the general public, especially from the beneficiaries of various government initiatives, has to be developed.
He said by getting feedback, the government will be informed of how their programs, activities, and projects are being perceived by the public. Thus, proper evaluation of initiatives and appropriate moves to address the issues will be made.
The MINDACOMNET Congress is attended by more than 100 communicators throughout Mindanao.
- 02/12/2011 10:39 - Gov't disbursement up 15% in October
- 02/12/2011 10:39 - PHL remains stable despite global economic uncertainty – Aquino
- 02/12/2011 10:38 - TRs on rubber procesing validated
- 02/12/2011 10:37 - WMSU hosts economics teachers, studes joint national confab
- 01/12/2011 11:57 - Belmonte says Congress' early approval of 2012 national budget 'a vote of confidence' to PNoy leadership
- 01/12/2011 11:55 - 'Bantay Gloria' group wants Corona to inhibit from Arroyo cases
- 01/12/2011 11:55 - Southeast Asia to keep growth momentum through 2016 - OECD
- 01/12/2011 11:54 - MindaCOMNET faces challenges of new media
- 30/11/2011 00:00 - Cough, fast breaths, are early signs of pneumonia, says expert?
- 30/11/2011 00:00 - Gov't sees no international backlash if Arroyo placed in detention facility