Friday, 09 December 2011 11:12
The Home Development Mutual (Pag-IBIG) Fund here has started celebrating the agency’s 31st founding anniversary from December 1-19 with the theme “Makabuluhan, Matatag at Maasahan ang Pag-Ibig fund.”
Pag-IBIG fund department manager Ibrahim Lajarato said activities were lined up for the celebration on the following schedules: Dec. 1, kick-off ceremony; 3, outreach program; 10, walk-for-a cause; 13, press conference; 14, thanksgiving mass, ‘salo-salo’ and fund coordinator’s club (FCC) meeting; and 19, culmination program.
Lajarato said during the outreach program, a feeding and distribution of slippers to poor children were done by the Pag-Ibig fund employees in coordination with the barangay officials of Tuburan.
“We have distributed 450 packed lunch and 300 pairs of slippers to underprivileged children to share the agency’s blessing and to let children feel the spirit of Christmas,” Lajarato said.
Lajarato said it is the agency’s corporate social responsibility of doing an outreach program annually during its founding anniversary. “Last year, the inmates of provincial jail were the recipients of the program,” Lajarato humbly added.
Lajarato said the walk-for-a-cause will be participated by all employees of the agency. “The event is a fund raising of the agency where all employees will give P100 as their registration fee, and all the money that will be raised will go to the HDMF ‘Damayan’ fund initiated by the new chief executive officer,’ he added.
The ‘Damayan’ fund, is a project of chief executive officer Atty. Darlene Marie Berberabe where funds will be used for calamity loan purposes.
The partcipant, Lajarato said will start the walk at 5:30 am at Plaza Luz to rotunda hills (vice versa).
Meanwhile, the Pag-Ibig chief will inform the public on the agency’s accomplishments by conducting a presscon with members of the Zambanga del Sur- Pagadian Press Club, Inc..
A thanks giving mass and salo-salo’ will also be held at their office
FCC members from the provinces of Zamboana del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay and Misamis Occidental will attend the 1-day meeting for them to be updated on the new policies, as well as their accomplishments of the agency, Lajarato said.
In the culmination day, Lajarato said HMDF managers will attend the Gabi ng Parangal’ at the head office in Manila where an outstanding or performing units of the agency will be awarded with cash prizes and plaque of recognition.
By Gideon C. Corgue-PIA9
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Dec. 26, Jan. 2 not holidays
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Notice of brief power interruption (NGCP)
- 09/12/2011 11:14 - Coloma urges civil servants to prioritize efficient and quality service to Filipinos
- 09/12/2011 11:13 - Dureza Cup National Shootfest underway
- 09/12/2011 11:12 - NEDA IX facilitates the conduct of RIO+20 Regional Consultation
- 08/12/2011 12:18 - School kids consider books a timely gift
- 06/12/2011 12:18 - DPWH IX implements P3.2 B infra projects; remains top implementer nationwide
- 06/12/2011 12:17 - ZamPen Regional Winners in Nutrition Program Implementation bared
- 03/12/2011 00:00 - PHL to remain relentless in fight against drugs – Aquino
- 03/12/2011 00:00 - Baldoz eyes labor reforms for security guards