Friday, 09 December 2011 11:12
The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) IX, headed by Dir. Arturo G. Valero, in coordination with the Philippine Council for Sustainable Development (PCSD), facilitated the conduct of Rio+20 Regional Consultation on November 29, 2011 at the Garden Orchid Hotel, Zamboanga City in preparation for the Philippines’ report for the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development on 4-6 June 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
There were 86 participants from the government, business, labor, non-government organizations, leagues of local government units and academe in ZamPen and Basilan, Sulu, TawiTawi, who attended the whole day activity. RDC IX Chairperson, Mayor Evelyn Uy, RDC IX Co-Chairperson Fr. Enrico Montano, and Governor Rommel Jalosjos of Zamboanga Sibugay were among those who participated in the activity.
In the morning, the PCSD and NEDA-Central Office (CO) coordinating staff presented the following four (4) topics: a) The Rio+20 Conference and Philippines’ Preparations: An Overview; b) Philippine Agenda 21: An Assessment; c) Green Economy in the Context of Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication; and d) Institutional Framework for Sustainable Development. After the presentations, Engr. George G. Ledesma, representing the business sector, Atty. Arsenio L. Gonzale, representing the civil society sector, Mr. Jose J. Suan, representing the labor sector, and Mr. Manuel Layson of DENR IX, representing the government sector gave their reactions in relation to the subject matter.
The objectives of the workshop were as follows: a) Provide additional inputs on the status of SD, including the integration of the three (3) pillars of SD, namely: social development, economic growth and environmental integrity, in policies, plans and programs at the regional level and the localization of SD; b) Provide comments/ additional inputs on the emerging elements of Green Economy; and c) Provide additional comments/recommendations on the Institutional Framework on Sustainable Development.
By Ceselle C. Harina, NEDA IX
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Holiday break starts Dec. 21 for public schools
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Dec. 26, Jan. 2 not holidays
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Notice of brief power interruption (NGCP)
- 09/12/2011 11:14 - Coloma urges civil servants to prioritize efficient and quality service to Filipinos
- 09/12/2011 11:13 - Dureza Cup National Shootfest underway
- 09/12/2011 11:12 - Pag-Ibig Fund- Pagadian celebrates 31st anniversary
- 08/12/2011 12:18 - School kids consider books a timely gift
- 06/12/2011 12:18 - DPWH IX implements P3.2 B infra projects; remains top implementer nationwide
- 06/12/2011 12:17 - ZamPen Regional Winners in Nutrition Program Implementation bared
- 03/12/2011 00:00 - PHL to remain relentless in fight against drugs – Aquino