Sunday, 11 December 2011 00:00
PAGADIAN CITY, Dec. 9 (PIA) -– Filled with awe and excitement, thousands of people of all ages and from different places in Mindanao flocked on Thursday at Plaza Luz, Christmas village of the city, to witness the opening of the 8th ‘Paskuhan’ festival.
The festival which is traditionally held every first week of December has provided a total entertainment to the people thru the official lighting of the giant Christmas tree.
The activity was highlighted with a grand fireworks display, dancing fountain viewing and entertainment program.
Mayor Samuel S. Co in his message said the festival which was officially launched under his administration in 2004 has provided the residents a venue filled with Christmas spirit.
The heart of the event, Co said, was the traditional lighting of one of the country’s tallest Christmas tree at 87 feet and with 350,00 lights constructed at the center of Plaza Luz.
Co said the giant tree was decorated with replica of candies and bags which symbolized sharing and giving of blessings. “ Our real source of joy is what you have received from others but what you need to do for the welfare and happiness for others,” Co stressed.
In celebrating Christmas season, we continue to live not only for our selves but for our children, Co added.
The event was actively participated by the city tourism council, government officials and employees, where most of the presentations such as songs, dances and others were rendered by them.
- 12/12/2011 12:34 - Lawmaker calls on Aquino to improve ease of doing business in the Philippines
- 12/12/2011 12:33 - ProGay hits back at Catholic bishops on Anti-Discrimination Bill
- 12/12/2011 12:32 - Tragedy strikes Parañaque shanties?
- 11/12/2011 00:00 - Aquino steps up attack on Philippine Supreme Court
- 11/12/2011 00:00 - Holiday break starts Dec. 21 for public schools
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Holiday break starts Dec. 21 for public schools
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Dec. 26, Jan. 2 not holidays
- 10/12/2011 00:00 - Notice of brief power interruption (NGCP)
- 09/12/2011 11:14 - Coloma urges civil servants to prioritize efficient and quality service to Filipinos
- 09/12/2011 11:13 - Dureza Cup National Shootfest underway