Tuesday, 13 December 2011 11:01
President Benigno S. Aquino III vowed to pursue changes in the Armed Forces of the Philippines by not only strengthening its procurement processes but by also closely scrutinizing the quality of the gears, weapons and equipment purchased by the military.
The President said that "through this tough process, the lives of our valiant soldiers defending the people will not be wasted due to defective gears."
“Kaya naman sisiguraduhin nating maayos, hindi lamang ang procurement ng inyong mga armas at kagamitan, kundi ang mismong kalidad ng mga uniporme, bala, armas, sasakyan at iba pa ninyong pangangailangan,” the President said in his speech keynoting the change of command ceremonies in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City on Monday.
“Batid kasi nating buhay, kaligtasan, at kalayaan ng mamamayang Pilipino ang nakataya rito. Sa pamamagitan ng ating Modernization and Capability Upgrade Program, sisiguruhin nating hindi tayo malalagasan ng kawal dahil lamang sa luma at depektibong kagamitan,” he said.
He added that the government has also “upgraded” the benefits of the men in uniform to include education and housing.
“Sa pamamagitan naman ng mga education at training programs, itutugma natin sa panahon ang mga reporma ng AFP, at i-aangat ang antas ng kakayahan at kaalaman ng kasundaluhan, upang makasabay sila sa husay at teknolohiyang militar ng ibang mga mas modernong bansa,” the President said.
He pointed out that more than 8,000 personnel have already availed while some 7,000 more are lined up for the government’s housing program.
“Maghahanap pa tayo ng ibang mga paraan upang masiguro na habang ginugugol ninyo ang inyong oras at pagod sa pagbabantay sa pambansang kaligtasan, doble-kayod din ang pamahalaan sa pagtutok sa pangangailangan ng kasundaluhan,” the President said.
- 14/12/2011 11:11 - Kiko urges courts to release coco levy fund back to farmers
- 14/12/2011 11:11 - Sen. Santiago tops election for ICC judges
- 13/12/2011 11:03 - Senators ready to act accordingly if impeachment vs CJ reaches Senate
- 13/12/2011 11:02 - Cotabato wants to become smoke-free city
- 13/12/2011 11:02 - "Oldest" man in India dies at 125
- 13/12/2011 11:01 - OFWs in trouble receive legal assistance from gov't - Palace
- 13/12/2011 10:59 - Gov't steps up monitoring of situation of Filipinos in Syria - DFA
- 12/12/2011 12:34 - Lawmaker calls on Aquino to improve ease of doing business in the Philippines
- 12/12/2011 12:33 - ProGay hits back at Catholic bishops on Anti-Discrimination Bill
- 12/12/2011 12:32 - Tragedy strikes Parañaque shanties?