Monday, 19 December 2011 12:01
DIPOLOG CITY - More than 1 million members of the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) will receive their cash dividends before Christmas Day after the GSIS Board of Trustees approved the release of Php818 million from its coffers.
The pension fund released the cash dividends after posting a surplus in revenues derived from the Social Insurance Fund.
Compulsory Life Insurance policy holders who are entitled to the cash dividends include all active members including members of the Judiciary and Constitutional Offices whose life insurance coverage have been in force for at least one year as of December 31, 2010.
Also included are active members issued with Life Endowment Policy (LEP) or with new or converted Enhanced Life Policy (ELP) provided their policies have been in force for at least one year as of December 31, 2010.
Active members whose LEP matured after December 31, 2010 and who were issued a renewal policy under the ELP are likewise entitled to cash dividends based on their LEP.
In addition, active members who opted to convert their LEP into ELP after December 31, 2010, are qualified to receive the cash dividends.
Meanwhile, those who are not entitled to receive their cash dividends are the following: active members who defaulted in their Consolidated Loans and Salary Loans for at least 12 months and/or have unpaid premiums for at least 12 months; those with lapsed policies in calendar 2010; those whose policies have matured in the same calendar year; terminated policies due to death, retirement, and separation also in calendar 2010; and members under suspended agencies as of end-December last year.
The dividends will be paid through the members’ GSIS eCard on or before Christmas day, the pension fund sad.
On top of the release of the cash dividends, the GSIS, with the approval of its Board of Trustees, has also authorized the payment of Php1.62 billion in Christmas Cash Gift to its more than 200,000 qualified pensioners.
This represents a 23 percent increase over the Php1.32 billion Christmas Cash Gifts it had released to its members in 2010.
- 19/12/2011 12:04 - Gov. Adiong signs into law ARMM administrative code
- 19/12/2011 12:04 - Dell PHL gets ISO 9001:2008 certification
- 19/12/2011 12:03 - DPWH IX celebrates 39th year of public service
- 19/12/2011 12:03 - DSWD prepositions P 67.86M worth of assistance for 'Sendong' victims
- 19/12/2011 12:02 - Greenpeace backs Senate initiative on pollution disclosure
- 19/12/2011 12:01 - Palace upbeat about Standard & Poor's upgrading of country's financial system
- 19/12/2011 12:00 - Aquino wants review of govt crisis response after devastating Mindanao typhoon
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Aquino assures safety of democracy and sacredness of the individuality of the branches of government
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - 2012 National Budget earliest to be signed since 1986
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Aquino declares 18-day suspension of military operations with communist rebels