Monday, 19 December 2011 12:03
Celebrating its 39 years in the service of the public, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) IX continue its share of infrastructure development in Zamboanga Peninsula.
With the collective efforts of the men and women, the DPWH IX ranked second (2) nationwide as far as implementation of infrastructure projects for CY 2011-2009 Current Year and Carry Over Projects, completing 330 as of November 30, 2011.
Despite of the peace and order problem in some parts of the peninsula, Region IX achieved a physical accomplishment of 65.60% of the 432 programmed projects for the year. This sums up to Php 3, 752, 495.6B allocated amount for project implementation under the leadership of DPWH IX Regional Director Jorge U. Sebastian, Jr.
For CY 2011, DPWH IX completed 47 projects, with a total of Php 2, 512, 195B. Funds for the lump sum allocation and Various Infrastructure and Local Projects (VILP) allocation was released on the second week of November were the twenty (20) additional projects are on its pre-construction stage as of to date. With this, Region IX was rated no. 3 nationwide.
These roads and bridges, school buildings, water system, multi-purpose buildings, flood control and drainage systems constructed in various areas in the region are concrete evidence that the DPWH has carried out its mandate in ensuring the safety and quality of infrastructure facilities.
RD Sebastian said this accomplishment is a result of Region IX employees’ commitment in focusing the Department's Mission and Vision, and continuous support from the national and local officials and leaders in various communities for good governance.
- 20/12/2011 10:45 - Tawi-Tawi hosts Cinematography workshop
- 20/12/2011 10:45 - DILG chief asks gov’t workers to share part of their Christmas bonus to “Sendong” victims
- 19/12/2011 12:05 - New AFPMC chief stresses importance of prime health care for soldiers
- 19/12/2011 12:04 - Gov. Adiong signs into law ARMM administrative code
- 19/12/2011 12:04 - Dell PHL gets ISO 9001:2008 certification
- 19/12/2011 12:03 - DSWD prepositions P 67.86M worth of assistance for 'Sendong' victims
- 19/12/2011 12:02 - Greenpeace backs Senate initiative on pollution disclosure
- 19/12/2011 12:01 - GSIS releases P818-million Cash dividends to members
- 19/12/2011 12:01 - Palace upbeat about Standard & Poor's upgrading of country's financial system
- 19/12/2011 12:00 - Aquino wants review of govt crisis response after devastating Mindanao typhoon