Thursday, 22 December 2011 14:21
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is currently reconciling remittance record from the Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) and eyes around P9 billion in additional revenues once the measure is done.
Internal Revenue Deputy Commissioner Nestor Aspe said their collection goal for this December is around P76 billion, which accounts to about nine percent of their P940 billion goal for this year.
He stressed that meeting their full-year target this year is “quite a tall order that’s why we’re already making steps ahead.”
“We’re trying to focus all our efforts by using administrative measure,” he told reporters after the weekly Communication and News Exchange (CNEX) forum spearheaded by the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) at the PIA office in Quezon City.
Indications for this month’s collections are still not clear, Aspe said citing that historically December collections are low.
“We’re still waiting for the result of Value Added Tax (VAT) collections and (we are hopeful) because there are taxpayers who still file taxes towards the end of the year...Sometimes we hit our target for December,” he said.
As of last November, BIR’s collections grew by 12.77 percent year-on-year after this rose to P849.52 billion from year-ago’s P753.33 billion.
For last November alone, the agency, tasked to collect around 70 percent of government revenues, collected P92.75 billion, 12.52 percent expansion over the P82.43 billion during same period last year.
Aspe said growth driver in their revenues this year is the collection of income tax but he declined to give figures.
By Joann Santiago
- 28/12/2011 11:41 - Speaker says increase in Napocor's budget necessary to ensure power supply
- 27/12/2011 11:49 - Aquino considers bringing hope a major accomplishment for 2011
- 27/12/2011 11:48 - PCA assures support for coco sugar
- 27/12/2011 11:48 - Task force to unify, strengthen performance monitoring of national gov’t agencies formed
- 22/12/2011 14:22 - Gen. Dellosa: AFP's 'Bayanihan' campaign plan vs insurgents succeeding
- 22/12/2011 14:21 - Aquino announces P1.17-B calamity fund for 'Sendong' victims
- 22/12/2011 14:20 - Aquino confident PH can still mitigate effects of climate change
- 22/12/2011 14:18 - European Commission allocates Euro 3M for 'Sendong' relief efforts
- 22/12/2011 14:17 - Pasay court junks GMA motion to spend Christmas, New Year at her QC residence
- 22/12/2011 14:16 - WB, ADB to extend loans for Mindanao rehabilitation