Tuesday, 27 December 2011 11:49
President Benigno S. Aquino III said his biggest accomplishment for 2011 is changing the mindset of Filipinos that there is hope for the country and change is possible.
In an exclusive interview by GMA television aired Friday night, the President said there is widespread desperation among Filipinos prior to his assumption to power believing reforms are impossible.
“Ang unang binago natin… ang attitude ng taumbayan. Dati maski anong isyu sa propesyon n’yo nakikita n’yo para bang apathetic, para bang walang pakialam, wala na tayong magagawa, ‘wag na lang,” he said when asked about his major accomplishment for this year.
“Ngayon ang paniwala ko talagang nagbago ang opinion… na marami tayong magagawa, may dangal tayong Pilipino, puwede mong itaas ulit ang noo mo,” the President added.
In a separate interview on Thursday at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport during the annual “Presidential Salubong of the Pamaskong Handog sa OFWs,” he said he hopes that the country weathers the effects of the global economic slowdown as the country enters a new year.
“Number one, we’re hoping that we will be able to weather the current economic storm; that we will do a lot better than what we did this year,” he said about his wish for 2012.
The administration has experienced its learning curve and there is a government system in place that corrects bureaucratic issues with regards to fighting corruption. Resolutions are also in place for reforming the judiciary, he said.
- 28/12/2011 11:52 - DENR eyes 'cradle-to-grave' liability for illegally dumped waste
- 28/12/2011 11:51 - Lamitan city adjudged one of best performing LGUs in ARMM
- 28/12/2011 11:51 - PNoy allocates P150M for 1,000 units of water level sensors in 18 river basins nationwide
- 28/12/2011 11:47 - Solons seek stiffer penalties for theft of gov’t risk reduction equipment
- 28/12/2011 11:41 - Speaker says increase in Napocor's budget necessary to ensure power supply
- 27/12/2011 11:48 - PCA assures support for coco sugar
- 27/12/2011 11:48 - Task force to unify, strengthen performance monitoring of national gov’t agencies formed
- 22/12/2011 14:22 - Gen. Dellosa: AFP's 'Bayanihan' campaign plan vs insurgents succeeding
- 22/12/2011 14:21 - BIR eyes P9B revenue from BTr data reconciliation
- 22/12/2011 14:21 - Aquino announces P1.17-B calamity fund for 'Sendong' victims