Wednesday, 28 December 2011 11:53
COTABATO CITY - Interior and Local Government Jesse Robredo assured ARMM constituencies that newly installed OIC-Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman is given leeway to run the affairs of the autonomous region particularly on the appointment of new members of his cabinet.
Robredo said, the national government would not influence the choice for cabinet members and the decision and authority to appoint solely lies with the OIC-regional governor of ARMM based on merit, fitness and capacities.
“Gov. Hataman and Vice Governor Bainon Karon should discuss the matter. As much as possible, we will avoid influencing the choices except for the fact that we are saying that it should be based on merit, qualifications and capacities,” Robredo said.
Robredo said, the normal process dictates that the incumbents will continue to perform their duties and responsibilities until their successors are chosen, most likely before the year ends.
This would pave the way for real work in January, he said.
Robredo said, Hataman’s appointment, as OIC-regional governor is only about seventeen months, once the things that need to be cleansed and reforms are instituted, regular elections will be held in 2013.
He believes that the people of ARMM can expect more dramatic changes not only in terms of the stimulus package but also in terms of how the ARMM government will be ran and managed.
The national government has earmarked an P8.6 billion stimulus fund for the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao over and above its P12 billion budget for 2012 for various projects programs to enhance socio-economic development in the area.
Robredo urged officials and employees to rally behind the leadership of Gov. Hataman in instituting reforms that will redound to the benefit of the people and the areas covered by ARMM.
By PIA Cotabato City/ZBST
- 04/01/2012 13:15 - PhilHealth, LPG-MA to subsidize health care premiums
- 04/01/2012 13:14 - PhilRice developing disease resistant Golden Rice variety
- 04/01/2012 13:14 - Erring policemen face dismissal in 3 months – Bartolome
- 04/01/2012 13:13 - Solons bat for creation of an independent, unimpeachable body vs corruption
- 03/01/2012 13:44 - OPAPP, ARMM provinces ink MOA for PAMANA
- 28/12/2011 11:52 - DENR eyes 'cradle-to-grave' liability for illegally dumped waste
- 28/12/2011 11:51 - Lamitan city adjudged one of best performing LGUs in ARMM
- 28/12/2011 11:51 - PNoy allocates P150M for 1,000 units of water level sensors in 18 river basins nationwide
- 28/12/2011 11:47 - Solons seek stiffer penalties for theft of gov’t risk reduction equipment
- 28/12/2011 11:41 - Speaker says increase in Napocor's budget necessary to ensure power supply