Wednesday, 11 January 2012 12:14
COTABATO CITY - Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief of staff Lt. Gen. Jessie Dellosa urged officers and troops of the Army’s 6th Infantry “Kampilan” Division (6th ID) here to remain focused in intensifying their efforts in the maintenance of peace and stability in its area of responsibility.
During his first visit here over the weekend since he assumed as AFP chief of staff last month, Dellosa said he wanted primarily to assess and address issues and concerns of the men and women of the 6th ID and boost their morale in the performance of their mandate as peacekeepers.
Dellosa noted the significant improvement of the peace and order situation in the area under Maj. Gen. Rey Ardo, commanding general of the 6th ID, urging unity and solidarity in attaining the goals and objectives of the Internal Peace and Security Plan – “Oplan Bayanihan.”
Troops on the ground, Dellosa, said, should not get affected and involved in the “goings-on” in the AFP apparently referring to the filing of graft cases against some retired generals and active officials of the armed forces.
“ Huwag nang mabahala, huwag makialam at huwag makisawsaw sa mga political issues, magtrabaho na lang tayo,” he emphasized.
Pressing for vigorous efforts in the implementation of ‘Oplan Bayanihan”, Dellosa said, this would strengthen the peace and development initiative of the government.
He reiterated that President Benigno S Aquino III remains committed to addressing the issues and concerns of members of the AFP citing the scholarship and housing programs among others.
Noting a cordial and harmonious atmosphere prevailing among the troops, Dellosa expressed confidence that the existing improved peace and orderly environment would be sustained.
By PIA-Cotabato City/ZBST
- 11/01/2012 12:18 - Mindanao cancer center inaugurated
- 11/01/2012 12:17 - Gov’t adds P13.4B to accelerated spending program budget
- 11/01/2012 12:16 - ARMM acting gov extends respect to Black Nazarene
- 11/01/2012 12:16 - Aquino welcomes international logistics group's plan to invest $500-million
- 11/01/2012 12:15 - Gov assures Zambo Norte's preparedness for any calamity
- 10/01/2012 12:32 - Forestland Boundary Assessment and Delineation completed in Region IX
- 10/01/2012 12:23 - DENR-IX attains 100% accomplishment for NGP
- 10/01/2012 12:20 - CGMA lawyers withdraw appearance in electoral sabotage case
- 10/01/2012 12:18 - Investors now bullish about transparency reforms initiated in the DPWH
- 10/01/2012 12:17 - Growing reactions to new tourism slogan proves DOT campaign works – Palace