Wednesday, 11 January 2012 12:18
TAGUM, Davao del Norte - It embodies the public’s aspiration of a people-centered cancer treatment hub.
These were the words inscribed on the marker of the first cancer center in Mindanao named as “Nuclear and Radiotherapy Center,” which nestles in the province of Davao del Norte.
Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Enrique Ona and Gov. Rodolfo del Rosario led the unveiling of the marker during the inauguration ceremony held Sunday, Jan. 8, at the Davao Regional Hospital, Tagum City.
“We are thankful to President Benigno Aquino III for the enormous assistance extended to the Davao Regional Hospital in making this dream come true,” said Gov. del Rosario in his welcome remarks. “This project truly brings hope to our cancer patients, survivors and their families in the Island of Mindanao,” he added.
The center, which offers radiation therapy and digital linear accelerator, can accommodate 30 patients a day and is expected to provide enough, affordable and quality medical assistance, as what President Aquino stated in his message delivered by Sec. Ona.
Based on DOH statistics, 200,000 Filipinos yearly suffer from cancer. According to Sec. Ona, the said statistics is what the center desires to resolve.
The message also bared the plans of the present administration in addressing the concerns of the health sector.
For the year 2012, P12-billion has been allocated to the PhilHealth insurance premium to benefit 5.2-million families selected through the National Household Targeting System as compared to last year’s P3.5-billion budget.
“Gaya ng ating ipinangako, tinitiyak nating ang bawat Pilipino lalo na ang mga mas nangangailangan ay makikinabang sa serbisyo at benepisyo ng PhilHealth (As promised, we make sure that every Filipino especially those who are in most need will avail of the services and benefits of Philhealth),” said Sec. Ona.
“In gratitude, we the local leaders of this province hereby reiterate our commitment to fully support the Aquino Health Agenda and the rest of the Philippine Development Plan,” said Gov. del Rosario.
- 12/01/2012 11:43 - Party-list solon files motion for reconsideration on NBN-ZTE case
- 12/01/2012 11:42 - Regatta 2012 set Jan. 13-14
- 12/01/2012 11:41 - Police exec says no terror threats in Cebu for Sinulog
- 12/01/2012 11:41 - Bizmen seek lifting of open-pit mining ban in Zambo Norte
- 10/01/2012 00:00 - Balikatan soldiers came back to play wih St Francis House kids
- 11/01/2012 12:17 - Gov’t adds P13.4B to accelerated spending program budget
- 11/01/2012 12:16 - ARMM acting gov extends respect to Black Nazarene
- 11/01/2012 12:16 - Aquino welcomes international logistics group's plan to invest $500-million
- 11/01/2012 12:15 - Gov assures Zambo Norte's preparedness for any calamity
- 11/01/2012 12:14 - AFP Chief of Staff Dellosa tells army troops not to be affected by political issues