Thursday, 12 January 2012 11:44
DIPIOLOG CITY - Due to the increasing demand for organic fertilizer, the Provincial Government of Zamboanga del Norte (ZaNorte) has decided to construct additional bio-fertilizer mixing plant in the province.
Zamboanga del Norte Provincial Budget Officer Mary Joy Abitona, said Governor Rolando E. Yebes has allotted Php10 million for the construction of additional bio-fertilizer mixing plant in the different municipalities in the province.
Yebes ordered Provincial Agriculturist Maybel Bustalino the construction of additional bio-fertilizer mixing plants in the province to meet the increasing demand for organic fertilizer.
During his recent visit in Zamboanga del Norte, Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala has expressed his appreciation of the Provincial Government’s Hi-Green Communal farms in Punta, Dipolog City which adopted organic farming method.
Piñan and Polanco are among the municipalities which have already adopted the said farming technology.
The Governor also plan to buy animal wastes from the barangays to be used in bio-fertilizer production.
Bustalino confirmed that farmers slowly opted to use organic fertilizer as price of commercial fertilizer continues to increase in the local market. The price of commercial fertilizer (14-14-14) usually used for fruit-bearing vegetables costs Php1,320.00 while fertilizer(21-100) used for leafy vegetables costs P785.00 in the local market.
According to the Provincial agriculturist, the Department of Agriculture has recognized that the organic fertilizer produced in the province as among the best locally-produced organic fertilizer in the country.
By PIA9/Zambo Norte/ZBST
- 13/01/2012 00:00 - MILF denies torch plot on radio station in Koronadal City
- 12/01/2012 11:46 - Aquino assures Filipino soldiers of government’s continued support
- 12/01/2012 11:46 - Ex-Pres. Arroyo, 3 others face technical malversation raps
- 12/01/2012 11:45 - Palace condemns failed assassination of Cotabato City Vice Mayor
- 12/01/2012 11:45 - Senators welcome DOT’s new int'l slogan
- 12/01/2012 11:43 - Party-list solon files motion for reconsideration on NBN-ZTE case
- 12/01/2012 11:42 - Regatta 2012 set Jan. 13-14
- 12/01/2012 11:41 - Police exec says no terror threats in Cebu for Sinulog
- 12/01/2012 11:41 - Bizmen seek lifting of open-pit mining ban in Zambo Norte
- 10/01/2012 00:00 - Balikatan soldiers came back to play wih St Francis House kids