Thursday, 12 January 2012 11:45
The new international slogan of the Department of Tourism (DOT) entitled “It’s more fun in the Philippines” drew support from the Senate with Senators Lito Lapid and Edgardo Angara expressing optimism it would boost the tourism industry in the country.
Lapid said the tagline would promote the Philippines as a top tourism haven in the world due to country’s gift of natural beauty.
”It is our unique sense of hospitality that sets us apart among other tourism destinations in the region and the world, thus making the experience all the more fun in the Philippines than elsewhere,” Lapid said.
Lapid also said the new slogan proved the credibility of Jimenez to lead the DOT “utilizing his proficiency as an advertising executive.”
With the launching of the new DOT slogan, Angara urged the Filipinos to travel around the country more frequently.
"The new slogan reminds us of our unique culture, our long history and tradition. The government should use this increasing interest in national identity to help promote local travel--Filipinos exploring the Philippines," he said.
The DOT announced the country's new international tourism slogan recently, using internet-based communities such as Facebook and Twitter to spread the word. Within 24 hours, it had become one of the most-discussed topics on both sites.
"This is a smart move, using the Filipinos' tech-savvyness and love of social media to generate buzz around the new tourism catchphrase," said Angara, chair of the Senate Committee on Science and Technology.
Angara, chair of the Senate committee on education, arts and culture, hopes that the agency's clever use of the social networking sites would encourage more Filipinos to explore their own country.
- 13/01/2012 00:00 - Landbank launches P6.5-B Tier 2 offering
- 13/01/2012 00:00 - MILF denies torch plot on radio station in Koronadal City
- 12/01/2012 11:46 - Aquino assures Filipino soldiers of government’s continued support
- 12/01/2012 11:46 - Ex-Pres. Arroyo, 3 others face technical malversation raps
- 12/01/2012 11:45 - Palace condemns failed assassination of Cotabato City Vice Mayor
- 12/01/2012 11:44 - Zambo Norte to construct additional bio-fertilizer mixing plants
- 12/01/2012 11:43 - Party-list solon files motion for reconsideration on NBN-ZTE case
- 12/01/2012 11:42 - Regatta 2012 set Jan. 13-14
- 12/01/2012 11:41 - Police exec says no terror threats in Cebu for Sinulog
- 12/01/2012 11:41 - Bizmen seek lifting of open-pit mining ban in Zambo Norte