Tuesday, 24 January 2012 11:23
ILIGAN CITY, Lanao del Norte - The relocation of "Sendong" victims or the "Shelter-Build" in Barangay Sta. Elena will start on January 25.
A group of volunteers from various places (Compostela Valley, Zamboanga, Bukidnon and Sultan Kudarat) are now in Iligan to participate in this activity.
More that 3,000 house units have already been committed by various donors like San Miguel Corporation (SMC); Organization of Islamic Countries(OIC); GMA Network; Phil. Economic Zone Authority; Development Bank of the Phil.; International Federation of Red Cross; and by the various churches in Iligan City as well.
While preparation in Sta. Elena is in full swing, another two-hectare relocation site in Luinab is being considered. Owned by the Diocese of Iligan, Bishop Galido says the Luinab relocation site may be used by the flood survivors by way of usufruct.
Recently, Cebu Mayor Michael Rama handed a P2 Million worth of check to Mayor Lawrence Ll. Cruz for flood survivors.
A shipload of relief goods coming from the National Council of Churches in the Phil. (NCCP) will dock Iligan pier next week.
Likewise, a team of experts from the National Institute of Geological Sciences of the University of the Philippines was also in Iligan to make a survey of the damage wrought by Sendong.
- 24/01/2012 11:29 - Task Force Ranao files illegal logging cases
- 24/01/2012 11:28 - Lawyer threatens to sue senators for abandoning Gutierrez's impeachment trial
- 24/01/2012 11:27 - Aquino receives more than a billion US dollars government shares from Malampaya Gas-to-Power Project
- 24/01/2012 11:26 - Movement 188 says Corona camp in 'panic mode'
- 24/01/2012 11:25 - Gov’t assisting to resolve 'rido' clan feud in North Cotabato
- 23/01/2012 14:15 - US vows wider access for Philippine bananas
- 23/01/2012 14:15 - DA eyes more biological pest control for crops
- 23/01/2012 14:14 - Enrile expects prosecution to finish presentation of evidence in one month
- 23/01/2012 14:13 - Lawyer threatens to sue senators for abandoning Gutierrez's impeachment trial
- 23/01/2012 14:13 - Aquino receives more than a billion US dollars government shares from Malampaya Gas-to-Power Project