Thursday, 26 January 2012 10:12
Science educators from all over the city division convened last January 12-14, 2012 for a 3-day Division Level Science Research Seminar-Workshop at Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School.
The seminar, as stated in DepEd Division Memorandum 96, s.2011, aims specifically at promoting science and technology awareness among others, skill enhancement on the conduct of research work, and applying correct statistical tools vis-a-vis the type of work conducted.
Research involved a purposive, organized, and planned program of activities that result in the acquisition of new knowledge. Its objectives are: to generate new knowledge or information; to find an application for the new knowledge; and to verify existing knowledge.
Several topics regarding science were discussed during the seminar-workshop. Among these topics include The Research Process, Research Ethics, and Statistical Data Analysis. The speakers invited in the convention were some of the city's celebrated names in the field of research, namely: Prof. Mario R. Obra, Jr., Dr. Milagros C. Tan, Prof. Rosalle M. Perez, and Mr. Dominic V. Bais.
This 3-day Seminar-Workshop was organized by science education supervisors Thelma F. Directo, Ed.D (secondary), and Husna B. Lim (elementary), in consortium with DepEd Zamboanga City Division and Western Mindanao State University.
Elementary and secondary science teachers from different schools attended the said seminar. Each participant was requested to have with them a sample of research work, a scientific calculator, and a laptop, in order to have a smoother hands-on flow in the entirety of the seminar.
By Lamberto C. Trumata
- 31/01/2012 10:39 - Eating white corn is healthy, says DA-IX
- 31/01/2012 10:37 - PHL GDP expands
- 31/01/2012 10:37 - 2012 World Wetlands Day Celebration
- 26/01/2012 10:13 - ARMM Gov appoints new agriculture chief from Tawi-Tawi
- 26/01/2012 10:13 - Peace education pushed in Mindanao
- 25/01/2012 12:32 - Abalos family hopes to get favorable decision on bail petition
- 25/01/2012 12:31 - Philippine Army unveils transformation roadmap
- 25/01/2012 12:30 - DOJ: Dismissed NBI director given 'due process'
- 25/01/2012 12:30 - Aquino, declares January of every year as ‘Philippine Tropical Fabrics Month’
- 25/01/2012 12:29 - SRPI outreach missions net 4,772 patients