Thursday, 26 January 2012 10:13
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in Southern Mindanao and the Forum Civil Peace Service (forumZFD) will partner in intensifying the integration of peace education in teacher education in colleges and universities in the region.
The Forum Civil Peace Service is an international German non-profit, nongovernment organization, promoting nonviolent conflict transformation in conflict regions such as in West Balkans, Israel/Palestine, Lebanon and in Mindanao-Philippines through partnership with local and national government institutions and nongovernment organizations.
The program will start January 25, through an orientation-workshop on peace education integration in teacher education initially with 50 participating administrators, deans, faculty members, and National Service Training Program directors from the University of Southeastern Philippines-Main and Tagum campuses; University of Mindanao; University of Immaculate Conception; Holy Cross of Davao College; San Pedro College; Brokenshire College; Davao Oriental State College of Science and Technology; Davao del Norte State College; SPAMAST; Cor Jesu College; Assumption College of Nabunturan; Jose Maria College and Ateneo de Davao University.
The orientation-workshop will be held whole day at the Conference Room of University of Mindanao-Matina Campus in Davao City.
“This integration program is timely since it supports current CHED efforts to capacitate higher education institutions in taking active role in promoting and building peace in Mindanao,” Dr. Edward Aquino, CHED acting regional officer-in-charge.
Daniel Jaeger, program manager of (forumZFD) in the Philippines, said: “The activity aims to deepen understanding on concepts and strategies in integrating peace education in teacher education as well as discuss issues and challenges in transforming conflicts in Mindanao through the teacher education program of higher education institutions.”
Jaeger said the program is a long-term participatory process which will accompany higher education institutions not only in integrating peace education in teacher education but towards the institutionalization of peace education in these state and private colleges and universities in the region.
- 31/01/2012 10:40 - House leader calls for quick passage of coco bill
- 31/01/2012 10:39 - Eating white corn is healthy, says DA-IX
- 31/01/2012 10:37 - PHL GDP expands
- 31/01/2012 10:37 - 2012 World Wetlands Day Celebration
- 26/01/2012 10:13 - ARMM Gov appoints new agriculture chief from Tawi-Tawi
- 26/01/2012 10:12 - Science Research Seminar-Workshop held
- 25/01/2012 12:32 - Abalos family hopes to get favorable decision on bail petition
- 25/01/2012 12:31 - Philippine Army unveils transformation roadmap
- 25/01/2012 12:30 - DOJ: Dismissed NBI director given 'due process'
- 25/01/2012 12:30 - Aquino, declares January of every year as ‘Philippine Tropical Fabrics Month’