Wednesday, 01 February 2012 13:39
DIPOLOG CITY - Hundreds of incoming Grade I and First Year High School students, including out-of-school youths and drop-outs excitedly went to schools Saturday to register early for the school year 2012-2013.
This, after Education Secretary Armin Luistro issued DepEd Order No. 4-2012, declaring January 28, 2012 as “Early Registration Day” in all public elementary and secondary schools throughout the country.
Ms. Editha M. Acabal, Zamboanga del Norte National High School (ZNNHS) Guidance Counsellor III said, more than 300 upcoming Freshmen have availed of the early registration. Five percent of the registrants were either drop-outs or out-of-school youth. The registration was conducted at its main campus in Estaka, Dipolog City
Acabal said, they are now preparing the report to be submitted to the DepEd Central Office. Based on the data, DepEd will make a plan to address resource gaps and implement necessary intervention programs.
According to the Department of Education (DepEd), the early registration will help education officials, local government officials and other sectors to prepare for the opening of classes in June, especially concerning the resources.
DepEd wants all children age five and six to be enrolled in Kindergarten and Grade I respectively, next school year.
Likewise, it also wants to enroll out-of-school children and youth aged five to 18 in formal education or the alternative learning system.
Incoming Grade I pupils and First Year high students next school year will already be covered by the new 12-year basic education cycle.
The K to 12 Enhanced Basic Education Program is a new curriculum that mandates children to go to kindergarten, six years of elementary education, four years of junior high school, and two years of senior high school.
The DepEd said the program would improve students’ competencies in subjects especially in English, Math and Science and make them prepared for college and globally skilled for local and foreign employment.
By JPA/ATR/PIA9-Zambo Norte
- 01/02/2012 13:42 - Aquino gov't takes steps to ease impact of continuing rise in international crude oil prices
- 01/02/2012 13:41 - PCG to upgrade existing surface assets
- 01/02/2012 13:41 - Regional industry planning aims to boost 6 regional product champs’ production
- 01/02/2012 13:40 - Trillanes urges Congress to pass oil profit cap bill
- 01/02/2012 13:39 - Palace says PHL remains committed towards peaceful Asia-Pacific region
- 31/01/2012 10:40 - CEB offers more chances to book Siem Reap, all domestic flights as low as P88
- 31/01/2012 10:40 - House leader calls for quick passage of coco bill
- 31/01/2012 10:39 - Eating white corn is healthy, says DA-IX
- 31/01/2012 10:37 - PHL GDP expands
- 31/01/2012 10:37 - 2012 World Wetlands Day Celebration