Thursday, 02 February 2012 00:00
Citing the Filipino medical professionals' excellent performance, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be hiring more Filipinos in other areas of the medical profession, such as research and the academe.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Tuesday said such was tackled during the meeting between Philippine Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ezzedin Tago and Saudi Minister of Health Dr. Abdullah A. Al Rabeeah, together with Second Secretary and Consul Roussel Reyes and Labor Attaché Albert Valenciano.
The DFA said Ambassador Tago conveyed the appreciation of the Filipino to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz and Minister Al Rabeeah for the continued hospitality and support extended to Filipino medical professionals in the Kingdom, especially those employed in the government sector.
Ambassador Tago also thanked the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Dr. Al Rabeeah for the surgical operation on the Filipino conjoined twins, Princess Ann and Princess May Manzo, who were successfully operated on and separated in 2004. Dr. Al Rabeeah was personally involved in this case as the head of the surgical team.
The Saudi Minister of Health praised Filipino medical professionals and said that their experience with them has been excellent because of their performance.
Tago emphasized the desire of the Philippines to enhance its relations with the Kingdom and also discussed with Dr. Al Rabeeah the status of the proposed Ministry of Health-Department of Labor and Employment (MOH-DOLE) training program for nurses.
They also discussed possible increased cooperation between the two countries in other areas of the medical profession, such as research and the academe.
According to the statistics of the Saudi Ministry of Health, the Saudi government employs about 117,000 Filipinos in the medical sector, most of them nurses.
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Trillanes urges Congress to pass oil profit cap bill
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - ‘Elevate public discourse, empower people’, Coloma tells communicators
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - 1st Lantawan Youth Assembly held in Isabela City
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Basilan Mufti reminds Muslim couples on birth spacing
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Displaced families in Central Mindanao rebuild lives through PAMANA
- 01/02/2012 13:47 - DPWH allots P10.8B for flood control works in 2012
- 01/02/2012 13:46 - DTI, DA to establish product traceability system for global competitiveness
- 01/02/2012 13:45 - Aquino leads Galing Pook 2011 Awards in Malacañang
- 01/02/2012 13:44 - PHL GDP expands by 3.7% in 2011
- 01/02/2012 13:43 - Gingrich sued over use of "Rocky III" theme song