Thursday, 02 February 2012 00:00
“It’s time we fulfill our promise to the youth!” Thus, said Basilan Board Member Yusop T. Alano bringing with him
forty-five of Lantawan Municipality’s young leaders for the first-ever Lantawan Youth Assembly (Ist LAYA) held at the
Querexeta Formation Center in Isabela City, Basilan.
The assembly and seminar-workshop held last January 21-22 was aimed in empowering the youth and inter-faith understanding under the Bridging Leader’s Program and Framework of the Asian Institute of Management, where Alano is a member.
At least 24 out of 25 Lantawan barangay Sangguniang Kabataan Chairmen and their representatives attended the said event. They were joined by the Presidents of the Student Governments of Lantawan’s three National High Schools, namely: Concepcion, Tairan and Atong-Atong, and youth leaders from the church-based organizations and Muslim youth groups throughout the municipality.
The 2-day seminar workshop was handled by top trainers from among the most respected institutions in the region Dr. Socorro Rebecca B. Felonia and Dr. Marcelina Carpizo of the Western Mindanao State University’s College of Public Administration who expounded on Leadership Concepts, Capital, Lifeline and Bridging Leader’s Framework respectively.
Ms. Miriam L. Suacito, Executive Director of the Nagdilaab Foundation, Inc. on the other hand, facilitated the program Planning Seminar with the aim harmonizing the strategies to be employed by the
assembly over the next year.
Mr. Pablan N. Alih, MLGOO of DILG Lantawan conducted a refresher course on LGU operations and protocols, followed by a rather animated open forum to voice out problems and issues they have with LGUs, specially in the youth sector. A series of Team Building exercises were likewise conducted for them by Jamju A. Rivera, PCCI Regional Governor for Western Mindanao and ARMM and Project Manager of the 1st LAYA.
The youth leaders, representing all the youth-oriented institutions in Lantawan, were formally organized and inducted. A core group of nine (9) Leaders was similarly formed, with Carlito Layos Jr. of Brgy. Matarling, selected to be the group’s Chairman and Lantawan SK Federation President Jemer Ansaruddin of Brgy. Lower Banas as Vice Chairman. The others member of the core group included Nadswa Hamja (Bulan-Bulan), Secretary; Hader Tameeng (Atong-Atong), Asst. Secretary; Deborah Kate Ramirez (Tairan), Treasurer; Jayson Alviar (CNHS SSG), PIO; Jarma Sajiron (Pniongan), Auditor; Nasser Joe (ANNKPK-OSY) & Sophia Edris (Calayan), Project Managers.
The Lantawan Youth Assembly will continue to operate under the guidance and support of Office of the Provincial Board Member Yusop T. Alano, Provincial Jovernor Jum J. Akbar, the Lantawan LGU, DILG-Lantawan, Nagdilaab Foundation, Inc., and the SK Municipal Federation of Lantawan. (Richard G. Falcatan)
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - PHL furthers bid vs money laundering
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Manila RTC extends TRO vs. DOJ probe on axed NBI Director
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - PCG to upgrade existing surface assets
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Trillanes urges Congress to pass oil profit cap bill
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - ‘Elevate public discourse, empower people’, Coloma tells communicators
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Basilan Mufti reminds Muslim couples on birth spacing
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Displaced families in Central Mindanao rebuild lives through PAMANA
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Saudi Health Ministry to employ more Filipinos
- 01/02/2012 13:47 - DPWH allots P10.8B for flood control works in 2012
- 01/02/2012 13:46 - DTI, DA to establish product traceability system for global competitiveness