Saturday, 04 February 2012 00:00
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST), thru its Technology Innovation for Commercialization (TECHNICOM) Program, invites the network institutions to submit project proposals for possible TECHNICOM assistance.
TECHNICOM program provides funding for commercial prototype development, pilot plant production and intellectual property protection. Through financial grant and access to research facilities and personnel of Research and Development Institutes (RDIs) and other government institutions, the program aims to fast track the transfer and commercialization of research results.
As a comprehensive and unified strategy to enhance technology development, TECHNICOM envisions a motivated S&T community geared towards new innovations; an increase in the commercialization and industry adoption of these innovated technologies; maximized benefits from government investments in S&T activities; and ultimately economic progress.
The assistance are made available to the qualified principal proponent employed by: (1) any of the local research and development institutes (RDIs); (2) a duly accredited public or private Higher Institution, or; (3) a Filipino-owned enterprise with its principal place of business located in the Philippines.
Project proposals submitted are evaluated based on alignment with DOST priority programs, commercial importance and technical soundness. The six (6) priority programs of DOST include: biotechnology, information and communication technology, health/pharmaceuticals, food and agriculture, environment and alternative energy.
Interested parties may submit the following requirements: (1) Proposal following the required TECHNICOM format; (2) Endorsement letter from the head of the proponent’s agency / institution / organization; Curriculum vitae of the Project Leader; and cover letter addressed to:
GRACIANO P. YUMUL, JR., D.Sc.
Undersecretary for R&D, DOST and
TECHNICOM Program Director
Rm. 212 DOST Central Office
DOST Complex, Gen. Santos Avenue
Bicutan, Taguig City
For inquiries, you may visit or call the DOST-IX office at Pettit Barracks, Zamboanga City with telephone numbers (062) 991-1024 and look for Ms. Thelma E. Diego.
DOST-IX Press Release
- 07/02/2012 12:08 - Government services, classes suspended in Negros Oriental due to tsunami alert
- 07/02/2012 12:07 - Samal Island’s world-famous bats getting drunk with ‘tuba’
- 07/02/2012 12:06 - Siocon lass wins Reg'l STEP competition
- 06/02/2012 10:26 - Aquino peace adviser wins 2011 Metrobank Professorial Chair Award
- 06/02/2012 10:25 - Separated at birth, Indonesian twins meet in Sweden
- 03/02/2012 13:49 - After dominating call centers, Philippine IT-BPO seeks world leadership in four more fast growing services
- 03/02/2012 13:48 - Sen. Estrada supports abolition of imprisonment for libel
- 03/02/2012 13:48 - DOST project brings more hope, less side-effect to cancer patients
- 03/02/2012 13:47 - 73 killed in Egyptian football match riot
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Aquino swears in Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry officers