Tuesday, 07 February 2012 12:10
Malacañang hailed on Sunday the inclusion of Boracay Island in Aklan as one of the top beach destinations in the world by a well-known travel website, saying the honor was a testament to the government’s aggressive efforts to boost tourism in the country.
In a radio interview aired over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Department of Tourism’s campaign to invite more visitors to the Philippines through the “It’s more fun in the Philippines” program was working.
“In (the) furtherance of our (tourism) campaign through the “Its more fun in the Philippines” (program), just to share some good news with you, the travel website TripAdvisor has ranked Boracay as the number one beach destination in Asia and second in the world,” Valte said.
TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.com), a travel website that assists customers in gathering travel information, posting reviews and opinions of travel-related content and engaging in interactive travel forums, chose Boracay over Maldives (2nd) and Koh Phangan in Thailand (3rd) for its powdery white sand, affordable accommodations and courteous and hospitable people.
“At only 4.5 miles long, Boracay is small enough to navigate by rented bicycle or motorbike. But don't let its small size fool you—you'll have several excellent beaches to choose from. Yapak Beach is known for beautiful white shells; White Beach has picture-perfect sunsets; and Balinghai Beach is a secluded spot, perfect for honeymooners. As long as you visit during dry season, you'll agree this is one of the best beach destinations in the world,” the TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop10-g2) wrote.
Valte also hailed the ranking of Siargao Island in Mindanao as one of the top surfing sites as compiled by CNNGo (www.cnngo.com), the travel advisory website of the Cable News Network (CNN).
Valte said the CNNGo had placed Siargao as the 8th out of 50 top surfing sites in the world.
- 08/02/2012 11:58 - South Cotabato seeks P68.2-M tax settlement deal with power coop
- 08/02/2012 11:54 - DAR IX holds regional confab on Operational Directives
- 08/02/2012 11:53 - President Aquino cites continuing government reforms for high dividend contributions of GOCCs
- 08/02/2012 11:52 - DAR exec visits rubber coops in Sibugay Province
- 08/02/2012 11:52 - Microsoft removes start button in Windows 8
- 07/02/2012 12:09 - Classes suspended in Metro Cebu as 6.8 magnitude quake jolts Cebu, nearby provinces
- 07/02/2012 12:09 - DSWD fetes outstanding private media partners
- 07/02/2012 12:08 - Palace welcomes positive feedback for DTI online business registry system
- 07/02/2012 12:08 - Government services, classes suspended in Negros Oriental due to tsunami alert
- 07/02/2012 12:07 - Samal Island’s world-famous bats getting drunk with ‘tuba’